Callum Guy (Port Vale)

Nuwtfly

Played tonight 90+ minutes and drew 2-2, Port Vale were winning 2-0 then ex Rams loanee James Vaughan scored twice to make it 2-2, that's 6 goals in 2 games for James Vaughan.. Sign him up :ph34r:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

MarkD  |  May 03 2017, 4:36PM

What a cracking start that would be if we could sign these two young players ....... I thought Callum Guy might be challenging Nathan and Remie Streete for Player of the Year, he was that good.

Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-boss-targets-derby-county-s-callum-guy-and-nottingham-forest-s-tyler-walker-for-new-squad/story-30310498-detail/story.html#P7BXZiEcmd1lsgbj.99

---

Saul Pimpson likes this.

17 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

I would have thought rowett would want to take a look at all senior and under 23 players first

Agreed, I'd have thought even if we do look to loan him we'll ask for him to spend first couple of weeks of pre season with us before we sign it off 

17 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Isn't Guy's contract up in the summer? Did he get a new deal!?

17 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think he triggered an automatic year extension when he bought his tenth flap jack out of the vending machine.

Guy's highly regarded at Derby and was for a while the lynchpin of the academy team. I'm genuinely surprised that our U23 resurgence has happened since he went on loan. I thought he was unlucky not to get any first team action. My impression has been Port Vale would have stayed up had Guy stayed fit, but having led them to near safety from a doomed position, he got injured and they fell back into the mire.

I'm sure Rowett will want to check him out and I'd hope he's in the first team squad next season.

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Hope he is in the squad tommorow. 

In our squad? He isn't allowed as the loan won't be concluded until both teams have completed their fixtures for the season.

30 minutes ago, angieram said:

He's injured anyway. But I think he was at the under 23s game last night (only saw the backs of players' heads, but thought I spotted him, Farrend Rawson and Max Lowe.)

Definitely saw Lowe and Rawson. Zanzala was also there. Heard a couple behind me say they could see Elsnik.

Archived