Luke Thomas

rynny

http://m.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-transfer-talk-rams-forward-set-for-loan-move/story-30049969-detail/story.html

Derby County teenager Luke Thomas is reportedly set to join non-League side Gloucester City on loan.

The National League North outfit are expected to sign 17-year-old forward, according to GloucestershireLive.

Thomas, 17, joined the Rams from League Two side Cheltenham Town last January and is currently a second year Academy scholar.

He has featured for Derby's under-18s and under-23s this season.

His older brother, Keiran already plays for Gloucester, as a full-back.

City are 11th in the league table, five places above Derbyshire side Alfreton Town.

Speaking at the weekend, Gloucester manager Tim Harris said: "We're going to bring another lad in next week with some good pedigree, and it's going to give us that little bit of an edge that we haven't had over the last five or six weeks."

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll get a real football experience down there i'm sure. Best place for young players IMO so long as they are kept an eye on. There is still pressure at those levels and teams don't carry passengers. If he ends up struggling then he needs to be given time out and support.

Seen it loads of times. Young kids from big clubs crumpling under competetive pressure at lower league clubs and damaging confidence. Good his brother is there to help and advise.

Hope he does well for himself.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

He'll get a real football experience down there i'm sure. Best place for young players IMO so long as they are kept an eye on. There is still pressure at those levels and teams don't carry passengers. If he ends up struggling then he needs to be given time out and support.

Seen it loads of times. Young kids from big clubs crumpling under competetive pressure at lower league clubs and damaging confidence. Good his brother is there to help and advise.

Hope he does well for himself.

Hi Tony - how come you know so much about lower league footy? Not being sarcastic, genuine question!

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Hi Tony - how come you know so much about lower league footy? Not being sarcastic, genuine question!

Many on here will be cursing you with "what did you have to go and ask him that for?!!!" :lol:

Suffice it to say I've spent the last 25 years of my existence supporting lower league sides and being obsessed with it.

7 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Many on here will be cursing you with "what did you have to go and ask him that for?!!!" :lol:

Suffice it to say I've spent the last 25 years of my existence supporting lower league sides and being obsessed with it.

AH, ok, thought you might have been involved with a lower league side at some point. Fair enough fella :)

6 minutes ago, 86 points said:

AH, ok, thought you might have been involved with a lower league side at some point. Fair enough fella :)

That's right. A couple of them heavily and regularly but always going to other games too. There are plenty of my long winded ramblings about this in a lot of my posts scattered around the forum and I guess is why some people poke fun at me but it's all good humour I'm sure. It's fine. It's just the fact that I waffle on and on which makes people a bit prickly which is fair enough.

Thanks for asking though 86! :thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

That's right. A couple of them heavily and regularly but always going to other games too. There are plenty of my long winded ramblings about this in a lot of my posts scattered around the forum and I guess is why some people poke fun at me but it's all good humour I'm sure. It's fine. It's just the fact that I waffle on and on which makes people a bit prickly which is fair enough.

Thanks for asking though 86! :thumbsup:

Clearly I've not been paying attention then :whistle: 

14 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I'm amazed you missed them quite frankly. :p

Of course, it could be that he's read them all, and his mind has now rebelled. It happens. I used to think that the brain was the most amazing organ in the human body - but then I realised what was telling me that.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived