Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
On 16/08/2017 at 11:36, mwram1973 said:

Probably, but like i said, i've never met him so i'm not judging him myself, I'm only saying what my friend said and he's spoke to him a number of times.

I'm always reluctant to judge when you receive second hand information like that, I remember years ago a former colleague telling everyone what a knob Craig Short was. His story was he saw him out drinking in a pub and decided he was going up to him to 'chat' about all things Derby, he said Short told him he was our having  drink with friends so asked to be left alone to which my colleague apparently took pleasure in telling him he paid his wages blah blah.

Knowing the crap he came out with I personally can understand Short wanting to be left alone.

I am not saying your Friend is like this, just an observation how things can be misjudged.

Hughes might be what you said. All I know is the only occasion I met him, out for a drink with Hendrick he seemed a normal lad having a beer eyeing up a few girls but happy to say hello and pose for pictures.

36 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I'm always reluctant to judge when you receive second hand information like that, I remember years ago a former colleague telling everyone what a knob Craig Short was. His story was he saw him out drinking in a pub and decided he was going up to him to 'chat' about all things Derby, he said Short told him he was our having  drink with friends so asked to be left alone to which my colleague apparently took pleasure in telling him he paid his wages blah blah.

Knowing the crap he came out with I personally can understand Short wanting to be left alone.

I am not saying your Friend is like this, just an observation how things can be misjudged.

Hughes might be what you said. All I know is the only occasion I met him, out for a drink with Hendrick he seemed a normal lad having a beer eyeing up a few girls but happy to say hello and pose for pictures.

I can defo argue against your mate calling Craig Short, he is a great bloke my Dad is friends with Craig's uncle and he did presentation nights at the junior football club F.O.C regularly.

He also got me his playing shirt to be signed until Arthur Cox stopped him stating it's club property and he must return it immediately, Craig then went straight into the club shop at The BBG & bought a shirt for me all football league badged up etc signed it and gave it to me in person, All of which he didn't have to do. 

So for me Craig Short is one of the good guys a proper down to earth dude. 

As for Will Hughes I met him and the other players the morning of the home game against Blackpool when we smashed em on TV he seemed a decent lad too, the best of the bunch was Richard Keogh. 

He really appeared keen to talk but unfortunate timing as I had just come off the 1st Green on the Moorland Course at Breadsall. 

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I can defo argue against your mate calling Craig Short, he is a great bloke my Dad is friends with Craig's uncle and he did presentation nights at the junior football club F.O.C regularly.

He also got me his playing shirt to be signed until Arthur Cox stopped him stating it's club property and he must return it immediately, Craig then went straight into the club shop at The BBG & bought a shirt for me all football league badged up etc signed it and gave it to me in person, All of which he didn't have to do. 

So for me Craig Short is one of the good guys a proper down to earth dude. 

Exactly, that's why I'm reluctant to believe what people say all the time.

In fairness I think there was a knob in the equation, it just wasn't Craig short.

16 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

As As for Will Hughes I met him and the other players the morning of the home game against Blackpool when we smashed em on TV he seemed a decent lad too, the best of the bunch was Richard Keogh. 

He really appeared keen to talk but unfortunate timing as I had just come off the 1st Green on the Moorland Course at Breadsall. 

Yeah, Keogh's sound. 

It was HIM instigating conversation with us at the airport a couple of years back.

PistoldPete2
4 hours ago, rustylee said:

Well done to Huddersfield already got more wins than we managed in a whole season in the prem.

Yeah but even the 2007 team beat Newcastle. Why didn't they strngthen their team on promotion like Huddersfield have? They were linked to ince too weren't they? 

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Yeah but even the 2007 team beat Newcastle. Why didn't they strngthen their team on promotion like Huddersfield have? They were linked to ince too weren't they? 

Geordies just looked at average championship side today - except Ritchie thats what they are - Benitez will quit them

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

One reason, Mike Ashley, I their record buy is £17 million for Owen in 2005!

Archived