Nuwtfly

Tom Ince (Newcastle)

350 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I have a bad feeling that the Mirrors story was just fabricated from within the club so we cause a bidding war for Tom Ince. Mel admitted that the drone pa-lava was a publicity stunt to promote the new academy. Wouldn't surprise me that Mel has told a journalist that we would accept £10m for Tom Ince to get 2/3 clubs to have a bidding war over him. I could be wrong but that's how I look at that article. 

All of the press up in the north are adamant that Newcastle wouldn't spend that amount on a player who hasn't played regularly in the Prem. So I highly doubt Newcastle will be buying Tom Ince for that money.  

When did Mel say that?

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

When did Mel say that?

He said it at the Fans Forum.

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

He said it was taking photos for publicity materials to promote the Academy - not quite the same thing as a publicity stunt?

Ohhhhhhhh. Maybe I miss read it then. Fair enough. Apologies :D 

86 points likes this

2 hours ago, angieram said:

He said it was taking photos for publicity materials to promote the Academy - not quite the same thing as a publicity stunt?

I'd suggest that was still a situation where there was a perfectly simple explanation which the media spun out of all context?

Could be someone is taking the previous quote from Smacca about £8m for Ince's right leg and just assuming that's an indication that there IS a number we'd sell for - And speculating it'd be around the same as we accepted for Hendrick?

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He's been the most consistent wide player in this division over the past five/six seasons.

I don't think that can be argued, can it? 

Russell going from getting into double figures to getting one, now that's inconsistent. Ince has been up there producing the numbers since he was 18/19 at this level. 

Yes I think it can be argued. The reason he isn't playing at a higher level is not his due to his talent it's due to his lack of consistency. By that I mean game to game you don't know which "Tom" you are going to get. The one that is ineffectual and lightweight or the one can be dynamic and threatening. His stats have been consistently above average for Derby but I think he can be better than that.

8 hours ago, rynny said:

What was it you said the other day to me in the Weimann thread?

We are all allowed our own opinions but when it disagrees with 3/4 highly rated managers  best to keep quite about it

I didnt say i would drop him i realise there is no ready made replacement on the books at the moment

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

He said it at the Fans Forum.

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Ohhhhhhhh. Maybe I miss read it then. Fair enough. Apologies :D 

Looking forward to more damaging "wrong end of the stick" rhetoric being shared through Ramsfans TV next season.

reveldevil, i-Ram and RamsPolls like this

17 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

I just wish he played for DCFC  instead of ince united

Seems to have 15 goals and 6 assists this year for DCFC. Not heard of Ince United, but his returns are all the more impressive if he's been playing for two clubs at the same time.

rynny, cheron85, RoyMac5 and 1 other like this