Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

37 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would like to hear from GR and a statement made that Ince is not for sale....

They're all for sale Jimbo! If GR wants to structure the team based on his own ideas then he needs $$$ from somewhere. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cannable said:

Is there ever any middle ground with you? 

Players can be something other than either diabolical or ejaculation provokingly brilliant.

Occasionally. Very rare to see a footballer over the age of 8 reduce space by running sideways with the ball towards a teammate then passing to him. Butterfield has shown he still does that. And that's antithetical to good play and diabolical by any standard. Martin doesn't do that. Ince doesn't do that.

Are we assuming Huddersfield are going to be the only bidders for Ince? I could see a few Premier league clubs looking at him - those goals don't go unnoticed. And Europe? He's a European kind of player. I'm thinking bidding war and £25 million.

42 minutes ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

We were one of the lowest scorers last year and you want to sell our top scorer

It just seems illogical to me. We have a squad of so many average players that didn't perform last season yet it looks like we are going to sell first our best player, top scorer, one who created a lot of assists...in a team that really struggled to score goals all season. He would literally be the last player I would sell...Hughes would go before him in my opinion....

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I would like to hear from GR and a statement made that Ince is not for sale....

Dunno if you guys have heard,mr ince has approached the bored telling them he wants to leave to play for a right club H.T.A.F.C. He's comming to us hahaha

3 minutes ago, hennyhtafc said:

Dunno if you guys have heard,mr ince has approached the bored telling them he wants to leave to play for a right club H.T.A.F.C. He's comming to us hahaha

Our bored or you're bored?

3 minutes ago, hennyhtafc said:

this time next week he'll be a town player if not before,you just dont wanna admit tha we're takin your best player

Nick Blackman is our best player, you couldn't afford him.

14 minutes ago, hennyhtafc said:

Is that your sixth digit that keeps pressing the wrong letter?

Ince would only come to you to milk you dry then leave when you're relegated.

10 minutes ago, hennyhtafc said:

this time next week he'll be a town player if not before,you just dont wanna admit tha we're takin your best player

If Ince wants to go, so be it, but if that is how he thinks. He is obviously very fickle. Personally going to Huddersfield (no disrespect) aint going to be a good move long term and as much as i would love to see Huddersfield town stay in the prem i think you will need more than Tom to do it if indeed he is good enough at that level.

Personally think we should be keeping him,if not must be worth £15m to a prem league club..what else are you going to get for that?

44 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

one who created a lot of assists.

Six assists. 28 Championship players made more assists than Ince last season, and it isn't like he was putting twice as many on a plate for someone else to score who subsequently missed. It might be more than the rest of our players but in the grand scheme of things it really isn't that many.

What the other assist makers can't compete with is the number of goals he scored. When you look at his direct contribution to number of goals scored (so basically goals plus assists) he had the 11th best record in the league.

Also, I'm fed up of reading the words "for a winger"

Ince was not playing as a winger. Ince was playing (mostly) on the right hand side of a front 3 with a big focus on cutting in and having a shot. He spent more time in advanced positions and inside the box than a winger in a straight 4-4-2 setup would have, so the comparison isn't really valid.

47 minutes ago, hennyhtafc said:

'Mr Ince has approached the bored' - has he read your posts as well?

Archived