Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

8 minutes ago, Charlie G said:

I hope this doesn't happen, we simply can't sell our best creative player. If it's a question of money then surely we can offload fringe players to make the money Huddlesfield are offering for ince. My other concern is that yes I understand GR wants to make us difficult to beat but in recent history the teams who have gone up and survived are teams playing attacking football. This surely must be the long term aim so please Gary I don't want to be a Middlesbrough or a billy davies Derby . I want attacking football with creative players with very reliable defenders behind them which it looks like you have bought in. 

Hear, hear...well said Charlie...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Of course, but if someone pays more than player's market value is, he should be sold. This is not the last transfer window in the world (eventhough it might be Riggott's last).

Sell overpriced players, get bargains in, we've done latter with Davies.That's how you improve your squad in long run.

Poor Chrissy Riggott, what's wrong with him?

23 hours ago, 86 points said:

Don't you ever get bored of pouring cold water on your own club and fellow fans mate? It's almost as if you hate the club, it really is. Are your endless rants about how Martin wasn't coming back now to be swapped out for non-stop 'Ince is on his way' diatribes? I:whistle:

I understand every player has a price, however if we do decide to sell Ince, we should demand at least 12 million as we have no need to sell. My worry if he goes is that he would need replacing and a similar replacement who is proven would probably cost that amount anyway.

Ince is the only player in the team who has that bit of magic to score a goal out of nothing. All the other wide players (Russell, Weimann, Blackman, Anya) are all grafters but lack end product and prodcution on a consistent basis. I understand that Rowett wants a hard working team, however you need some players with real quality to be successful. Likes of Knockeart, Ritchie were absolutely key to the promoted teams this year. If we sell Ince, we have no players of his type/quality left in the squad.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I would say anything from 12m to 15m then deal if we get a bit more even better.

At which point we have money in the bank agreed.

However where oh where do we find someone who can take on Ince's place in the side.

He is the one player who can conceivably collect the ball on the halfway line and either create a goal scoring chance or beat a couple of players and smack the ball into the top corner.

The Martin deal was a season killer as we did not replace a twenty goal a season centre forward.

Even at fifteen to twenty million pounds we need to find a suitable replacement and who that is I couldn't even being to fathom.

Ince is a match winner. 

Nothing for the entire game, one piece of brilliance and its three points. 

If we hold any aspiration of promotion we cannot sell our match winners.

If Ince leaves yer da FC is well on its way to being complete, am I right @Leicester Ram or am I right? ?

Carson

Wisdom Pearce   Davies   Lowe

Hanson Johnson

Boyd          Bryson        Russell

Nugent

No room for the likes of Keogh, Thorne, Hughes or Martin in yer da's starting 11 as they are too technical and flamboyant for his liking.

1 minute ago, Topram said:

That stupid FL twitter

Oh right thanks anyway. Glad I blocked them and also tempting to block dcfctransfer account as well. 

Ibe would cost near enough the same as what we eventually might sell Ince for, that would be a terrible, terrible deal. 

Terrible I say.

Keep Ince at all costs, unless we really do receive an offer we can't refuse. For me that's got to be well north of 15m in this crazy market. I hope we're not actively looking to get rid. 

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Not saying any of the Huddersfield rumour is true, I have no idea, but reading the comments in the thread, what no-one seems to have considered is perhaps Tom Ince wants to leave Derby County if a Premier League teams comes in. I know I would if I were him. HAFC would be a great move if I were in his shoes.

If he wants out, we might have to settle for a lower price, whoever comes in for him, because in that scenario it's better that he goes than stays.

There's a fair chance Huddersfield will come straight down. If he was to sign for any club, it would be on a minimum 3 year contract - given his age, possibly even 4 years, so most if his time could be spent back in the Championship.

He needs to go to a stable PL side such as Southampton, WHU or even Stoke (heaven forbid) if he wants decent career progression.

Firstly, to be crystal clear,  I would not sell Ince.

But I wonder if GR thinking we have lots of left wingers and thinks they can just as easily shift to right?  I.e. he thinks some combo of russell, blackman, Bennett (right wing), weimann, Anya (camara) is good enough if some of latter can play right too?

Ps. I realise Russell plays mainly left wing for us but he's played right wing too

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

There's a fair chance Huddersfield will come straight down. If he was to sign for any club, it would be on a minimum 3 year contract - given his age, possibly even 4 years, so most if his time could be spent back in the Championship.

He needs to go to a stable PL side such as Southampton, WHU or even Stoke (heaven forbid) if he wants decent career progression.

He'd just put a release clause in though. Sell to prem team for xmn if relegated 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I was insinuating that it's a sad indictment of our current situation that Huddersfield are in a position to be a club that we sell our best players to. You're right of course, it's preferable to a championship club, but it's just rather sad that it's got to the point a little club like Huddersfield have so much more power in the market than we do

Out of interest, why do you class Huddersfield as 'a little club'? Is it based on crowd pulling power? If so, does that make West Ham bigger than Chelsea or Newcastle bigger than Spurs?

They've won the 1st Division (PL equivalent) more times than we have.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Out of interest, why do you class Huddersfield as 'a little club'? Is it based on crowd pulling power? If so, does that make West Ham bigger than Chelsea or Newcastle bigger than Spurs?

I bet there's not many of their fans who saw those triumphs still knocking about today... 

You can't take their league titles away from them, that's for sure. They've literally done nothing for the best part of a 100 years though. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

No one wants him he's absolutely useless.

If you seriously think Butterfield is useless then you haven't a clue. Your constant criticism of Chris Martin did have me wondering - this would just confirm it.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Based on their recent history really, they've not really done much of note for the past 30 odd years, rarely been in the top flight. Historically of course they have been successful, hence there is nothing stopping them succeeding in the prem, it's hardly like when Blackpool went up. But I tend to base club size on their less distant history, which means we should, theoretically, be the bigger club. Much like Chelsea are bigger than West Ham, and spurs more so than Newcastle.

However clearly theory isn't working out as it so often doesn't in football, Huddersfield are better than us at the moment, and that sadly shows how badly we've underachieved that a club with so little recent success has beaten us up there. That's our fault tho, good luck to Huddersfield as long as they leave ince alone!

Archived