Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, angieram said:

He said it was taking photos for publicity materials to promote the Academy - not quite the same thing as a publicity stunt?

I'd suggest that was still a situation where there was a perfectly simple explanation which the media spun out of all context?

Could be someone is taking the previous quote from Smacca about £8m for Ince's right leg and just assuming that's an indication that there IS a number we'd sell for - And speculating it'd be around the same as we accepted for Hendrick?

12 hours ago, Ambitious said:

He's been the most consistent wide player in this division over the past five/six seasons.

I don't think that can be argued, can it? 

Russell going from getting into double figures to getting one, now that's inconsistent. Ince has been up there producing the numbers since he was 18/19 at this level. 

Yes I think it can be argued. The reason he isn't playing at a higher level is not his due to his talent it's due to his lack of consistency. By that I mean game to game you don't know which "Tom" you are going to get. The one that is ineffectual and lightweight or the one can be dynamic and threatening. His stats have been consistently above average for Derby but I think he can be better than that.

8 hours ago, rynny said:

What was it you said the other day to me in the Weimann thread?

We are all allowed our own opinions but when it disagrees with 3/4 highly rated managers  best to keep quite about it

I didnt say i would drop him i realise there is no ready made replacement on the books at the moment

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

He said it at the Fans Forum.

8 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Ohhhhhhhh. Maybe I miss read it then. Fair enough. Apologies :D 

Looking forward to more damaging "wrong end of the stick" rhetoric being shared through Ramsfans TV next season.

17 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

I just wish he played for DCFC  instead of ince united

Seems to have 15 goals and 6 assists this year for DCFC. Not heard of Ince United, but his returns are all the more impressive if he's been playing for two clubs at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fraser_23 said:

Apparently Bristol have bid 8.5 million for him?! :D

Lol can't believe people fell for it. 

2 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Apparently Bristol have bid 8.5 million for him?! :D

:lol: They're in dreamland. Add another 11.5 million to that and we'll talk. Got to question why they think Ince would even want to go there, they're not in a better situation than Derby. (Provided this is true, which I have skepticism) 

1 minute ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'd love to say I can't believe that the DT would run with a social media rumour. But I'm not surprised, as nowt else is happening.

Bristol City my Arsenal.

DT runs around with social media rumours like blind bugs in the night when the lights go on. Don't be surprised even when nowt is hapnin.

Whilst the team needs a bit of attention......selling Tom Ince would be ludicrous.

He is a goalscorer and match winner at any given moment.

And the price!!!!!!! 

Press, Geordies or both are in dreamland.

At this present time I don't think any price would be worth getting rid of our top scorer.

Absolute joke of a fee, if we have to sell him it will be because he wants to go to the prem and we'll get a large fee for him. However if we can in any way Avoid it we mustn't sell him, he's a key part of our team and there's no way we'll find a replacement as good

Wasn't their owner banging on about £15 million for Kodija when we expressed an interest (allegedly) and how they had no need to sell so only top dollar offers would be entertained? If so I'd suggest we let him know that for £8 mill he have have Tom's standing leg but we'll require another £12 mill for the other one.

Archived