Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

15 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Have you seen us this year? Yes our team is incredibly unbalanced! Too many number tens, too many powderpuff players, not enough battlers 

People seem to have different ideas of what constitutes 'unbalanced. We don't need wholesale changes to our starting eleven to accommodate a change in system (if that's what GR is considering) - possibly 2, 3 at most and if we find the right round pegs for the round holes, they needn't be costing the sort of fees that are being tossed around wildly.

Our problem is not so much getting the right players in but moving out those who are unlikely to be part of Rowetts future plans and we can speculate as much as we want as to who they will be but only the management team are the ones ITK.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

28 first team players. That's 27 names that should be sold before Ince.

as for balance, with those 28 players I'm sure we don't have to go buy lots of players. I said it elsewhere, 2 /3 qulaity loans and a couple of permanents. Martin, fozzy and Thorne back plus shackell fit. What do we need money for this massive rebuild for? Nothing to rebuild, just a mass clear out to clear the wage bill.

40 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Don't get promoted selling your best players...

Hand probably forced this time I'd imagine.......

Don't think many realise we are not having a big budget this time around.....

I've been very busy recently and haven't kept up with the transfer gossip. What's the noises about Ince right now?

Always felt that Ince might leave this summer, he is a player who is shooting for the moon and I don't think he's going to pass up a chance to move if a Prem side wants him. Not a slight on him in the least bit, he's ambitious and that's good for him. Not to mention he's high profile and everyone knows who he is and what he can do. Means he'll have plenty of options.

Again, not a slight on him, but for the right price I wouldn't be against letting him go. And I think certainly Rowett needs to have backing from everyone at the club, fans included, to build the team he wants to build. We need to start showing faith in managers. I know we've given big budgets to certain managers before but that's not showing faith in them. That's throwing cash at the problem and using it as a stick to beat them with, i.e. "We've spent £xmillion and you've done nothing with it"

Back the man, let him see through his plans. Last time we truly did that was Nigel and while I won't go into whether sacking him was the right decision or not, it's undeniable that he build a very good squad.

So if Rowett wants to let Ince go, I'm with it. After all, do you remember the uproar when Miles Addison left? And Kris Commons? And Paul Green?

Players come and go. 

4 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Have you seen us this year? Yes our team is incredibly unbalanced! Too many number tens, too many powderpuff players, not enough battlers 

That hasn't been the problem at all though? It's just what Rowett's said on the radio. 

6 minutes ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Did you go to Norwich and Newcastle? Never looked like competing never mind getting a result. Away from home you need battlers, something which other than Johnson, we don't have. 

This 'battlers' stuff is nonsense. What's needed is a squad of good footballers - players who are confident on the ball, know what's going on around them and have been well-coached with a team plan, both in and out of possession.

On 20/05/2017 at 17:40, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

To me Tom is an excellent talent and has done well. If he is to excel even further though he has to introduce a more robust consistency to his game. He tends to be too lightweight.

You are spot on with the comment re consistency ,, it is the curse that runs through our squad , rowett has to coach / man manage a massive rise in consistency into our players and/ or bring in players that have that quality ,,, as a manager you can build around a level of consistency from players , it's impossible to build around players that swing wildly in the level of their performances and I'm sure that why we have seen a recent host of our managers left scratching their heads and at a loss to explain ,,,,,, the battlers thing is not about bringing in cloggers and runners , its about character ,,, just as a couple of poor attitude players can destroy a squad , a couple of good one coming in are just as capable of being infectious and really lifting the character of the team and squad ,,, it's rowett turn for a crack at it ,, I'm gonna give him time and trust his judgement

All this talk of Ince going for £10m is probably true so we don't get stung like Forest and others on the FFP situation. Also Gary Rowett stated they were working on a couple of transfer deals last week, so this could also mean he needs the money to finance the deals. Shifting some of the other players that Gary don't want might not bring in a lot of money for the transfer kitty. Even though the Transfer window does not open until the end of next month, I get the feeling we will have a few deals wrapped up before then.

On 20 May 2017 at 17:40, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

To me Tom is an excellent talent and has done well. If he is to excel even further though he has to introduce a more robust consistency to his game. He tends to be too lightweight.

He's been the most consistent wide player in this division over the past five/six seasons.

I don't think that can be argued, can it? 

Russell going from getting into double figures to getting one, now that's inconsistent. Ince has been up there producing the numbers since he was 18/19 at this level. 

54 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He's been the most consistent wide player in this division over the past five/six seasons.

I don't think that can be argued, can it? 

Russell going from getting into double figures to getting one, now that's inconsistent. Ince has been up there producing the numbers since he was 18/19 at this level. 

I just wish he played for DCFC  instead of ince united

On 20 May 2017 at 17:26, Wolfie20 said:

This 'battlers' stuff is nonsense. What's needed is a squad of good footballers - players who are confident on the ball, know what's going on around them and have been well-coached with a team plan, both in and out of possession.

True

but.....

what about when we haven't got the ball?

Though you cannot argue with Ince's stats and eye for goal and I have nothing at all against his attitude and work-rate, I've always had a nagging suspicion that he is detrimental to the team as we have been consistently average from the point we signed him and Bent on loan, and of the two, only Ince has been a regular. That might go against the old correlation is not causation thing, but it has always bothered me nonetheless. 

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

What was it you said the other day to me in the Weimann thread?

We are all allowed our own opinions but when it disagrees with 3/4 highly rated managers  best to keep quite about it

7 hours ago, TommyPowel said:

Inces work rate is so much better than it was, he tackles he tracks back just as much as anyone! I tell you now I'd rather have him scoring 15 goals and playing for himself than 2 goal Russell who can defend ok

I have a bad feeling that the Mirrors story was just fabricated from within the club so we cause a bidding war for Tom Ince. Mel admitted that the drone pa-lava was a publicity stunt to promote the new academy. Wouldn't surprise me that Mel has told a journalist that we would accept £10m for Tom Ince to get 2/3 clubs to have a bidding war over him. I could be wrong but that's how I look at that article. 

All of the press up in the north are adamant that Newcastle wouldn't spend that amount on a player who hasn't played regularly in the Prem. So I highly doubt Newcastle will be buying Tom Ince for that money.  

27 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I have a bad feeling that the Mirrors story was just fabricated from within the club so we cause a bidding war for Tom Ince. Mel admitted that the drone pa-lava was a publicity stunt to promote the new academy. Wouldn't surprise me that Mel has told a journalist that we would accept £10m for Tom Ince to get 2/3 clubs to have a bidding war over him. I could be wrong but that's how I look at that article. 

All of the press up in the north are adamant that Newcastle wouldn't spend that amount on a player who hasn't played regularly in the Prem. So I highly doubt Newcastle will be buying Tom Ince for that money.  

When did Mel say that?

Archived