Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

27 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

If you're playing him at CDM you better have someone big, strong and quick next to him. Don't think Thorne or Johnson tick off all of those criteria.

Mooy and Hogg… Hughes and Thorne! 

It'd be fine!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mozza said:

Makes sense to sell him i spose , if rumours on here about him and Martin not being best buddies are owt to go by ..

Think there is a interview from Ince at award night other week about him and Martin so ignore the rumours on here about these two though. 

4 minutes ago, cannable said:

Mooy and Hogg… Hughes and Thorne! 

It'd be fine!

Nah Hughes and Thorne aren't quick enough to cover enough ground. Hughes would probably work best as a CAM in a 4-2-3-1 but he'd have to up his goal/assist ratio to play consistently there. Only reason why Mooy and Hogg work is because both have incredible stamina and energy at a rate that is not the norm in the championship.

I suggested to someone after we missed out on the playoffs that I'd consider selling both Ince & Hughes for the right money - a combined £25M would get us 4-5 good Championship players - wouldn't be popular, but Rowett has to shape his own team and bringing in some serious wonga is the only way that's going to happen - we not going to recoup anywhere near the amounts we've paid out on the majority of the squad so we may have to let our most saleable assets go....

Both Hughes and Thorne have had serious injuries in recent years so I highly doubt they would play well enough as the 2 holding midfielders. They'd be knackered by the 60th minute. Thorne and Johnson as the 2 holders is probably the most balanced with the squad we have currently got. 

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I suggested to someone after we missed out on the playoffs that I'd consider selling both Ince & Hughes for the right money - a combined £25M would get us 4-5 good Championship players - wouldn't be popular, but Rowett has to shape his own team and bringing in some serious wonga is the only way that's going to happen - we not going to recoup anywhere near the amounts we've paid out on the majority of the squad so we may have to let our most saleable assets go....

Agree, it must be done for both players and the club to move forward. 

We are holding WH back and this has been my opinion for the last 2-3 seasons he has an awful lot of potential which won't be realised here unfortunately ??

Ince deserves a proper shot at the premier league imo, proved every season in the championship that's he's above this level. I wouldn't listen to any offer below 15m for his services though. He must be frustrated that he's still playing championship football, he does come across as ambitious in his football to me anyway. 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

No it's a stupid call.

who could we replace him with? It would be a very difficult task.

Jordan Ibe, younger & hungrier. Personally this sell ince for £15 million, buy Ibe for around 7 million. Rest is to invest in the squad 

Nobody would pay £15m for Ince, £10m would be more realistic.

As with Hendrick you can't stand in the way of a player's progression if the fee is right, I wouldn't want to see him sold as we need to add to his quality not replace it.

As I've said before though, I can see a surprise departure this summer.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Makes sense to sell him i spose , if rumours on here about him and Martin not being best buddies are owt to go by ..

Since when have rumours on here been close to fact - it's a forum after all 

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

So we sell our 2 most saleable assets and invest in 4-5 players who might get us out of the Championship  (up not down) but what do we do with them if we get there, having sold our best players. Probably, with other clubs knowing we then have the Premiership lolly, pay a lot more to cover those 2 positions?

Not sure selling your best players is the wisest move simply because of what they are - your best players.

£12-15 million sounds about right, yet it all depends on weather he wants to go and if so then so be it.

he has always been difficult to fit in especially with other players so it may well end up balancing us eventually but we would lose his goals which would need to be replaced across the team

£10million plus Hanley may well be a decent deal but is all down to opinion so we need to trust the manager

9 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

If we sell him can I get a refund on my ST? I go to watch class and excitement.

I totally agree with Wolfie, we need to keep our best and get rid of the bench warmers of which we have many

He is one of our better players but bids only come in for your better ones generally and if players need to be sold the likes of Ince Hughes Lowe and Keogh will be on people's shopping list, the key thing is not wasting money.

Just a thought and shoot me down for heresy, but as a team we were something like 30 odd goals down on last season  (thought I saw that in another post).

Is it possible that losing Tom might be in the better interests of the team as a whole? In terms of generating a more team based style. 

After all - he isn't really a winger in the conventional sense.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

So we sell our 2 most saleable assets and invest in 4-5 players who might get us out of the Championship  (up not down) but what do we do with them if we get there, having sold our best players. Probably, with other clubs knowing we then have the Premiership lolly, pay a lot more to cover those 2 positions?

Not sure selling your best players is the wisest move simply because of what they are - your best players.

Problem is we're subject to FFP and we've overpaid on a fair number of our squad - if GR has to sell in order to buy, those are the 2 players that will attract the big bids - in an ideal world you keep your best players, but I don't think we're in that situation....

Archived