Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One minute the forum is saying in Rowett we trust, the next it's 'Oh God, we can't sell so-and-so'.

Let's see what we get in return before we panic. 

We have talented individuals but that's just it. They are individuals.

If they gelled as a team we would be looking forward to playing Arsenal next year.

We need a team capable of beating Bolton or Sunderland based on team spirit and character as well as skill.

That's Rowett's job and he'll do it his way.

Sell him if Gaz wants to. Rebuild. Start with a fresh XI for me in August. Only one I'd be gutted to see leave is Will, and that's purely sentimental.

10 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

To me, there's more value in Hughes than Ince. If Rowett needs funds, Ince is an easier sale because of the season he's just had. Hughes could and probably will have a brilliant season next year. His value would again rocket. I think we're probably at our ceiling with Tom in terms of his value. He's getting to the age now where he himself will want Prem football, with Hughes being just that little bit younger. 

I think a Will Hughes on top form is a 20m player. Guess it's just down to what Rowett's opinion on the two is. I think it's pretty clear that one of the two is going to have to leave for Rowett to do what he wants to do.

I think Tom has 2 years left on his contract, compared to Will's 3, also? 

You know what, I agree with a lot of that but I'm not so convinced Hughes is going to have a great season next season. I'm struggling to see where he fits into Rowett's style. If we're playing a 4-3-3 than fair enough, but in a 4-2-3-1 I think he's more of a hinderance than a help.

Play him at CAM in a 4-2-3-1 and you're sacrificing a goal threat at CAM, so better have goal scorers around him (i.e. Ince). If you're playing him at CDM you better have someone big, strong and quick next to him. Don't think Thorne or Johnson tick off all of those criteria.

Either way, I think Ince suits a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, and would easily have a place in any team we put out.

My understanding was that the plan was to have a core of high quality players from different position groups that the squad was built around. I don't agree with selling our best winger when all our other wingers are so far off him in terms of quality.

We have a ton of decent CM's but only one good winger. Seems risky to sell him.

It all depends how we reinvest the money. I wouldn't sell him blindly, I would want us to agree deals to sign players and then use the Ince funds to cover those costs, but only if it makes us a better TEAM.

Could we sell Ince for £15m and improve the team as a whole? I think we definitely could but it would be a huge risk. It would be easy to sign in form players coming off a good season and that's the Ince money gone. Recruitment really is so important if we're selling a key player to fund our business. Spent wisely on players with hunger and potential & I think we could easily strengthen to top 2 quality with £15m. However we've spent £15m in the past on Blackman, Weimann, Camara, Johnson and Butterfield which obviously hasn't taken us anywhere near finishing in the top 2, and that could easily happen again.

Hendrick went to Burnley for 10 million(?), i'd expect a much better player in Tom Ince to go for 15 at the very least off the back of the season he's had. The market is crazy, look at how much Ibe went to Bournemouth for....15 friggin million.

28 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'd rather sell Hughes than Ince.

I love Will but I have no idea how we can justify selling one of our only players who boasts any sort of consistent production at all in the past two years. Particularly when the rest of our wingers contribution is genuinely pitiful. 

Will's got a lot of style but Ince has got substance.

I thought Rowett would be more substance over style. Hope this isn't true.

I completely agree but that only works if clubs are willing to pay that much for Hughes. I can see why they'd be interested in Ince, because he produces whereas teams probably look at Hughes' stats and are put off.

15 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

To sell a player who scored or assisted 40% of our goals last season is a BIG call for anyone to make. Interesting times ahead 

No it's a stupid call.

who could we replace him with? It would be a very difficult task.

I can just see this one happening. Just a notion that it'll happen as Cash + Hanley.

Not sure about paying off Camara and Blackman - there was roumoured interest in Camara for around £1m in January so I'd imagine we could sell him rather than settling his contract.

Blackman's been injured all season, but i can't see anyone wanting him.

3 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I can just see this one happening. Just a notion that it'll happen as Cash + Hanley.

Not sure about paying off Camara and Blackman - there was roumoured interest in Camara for around £1m in January so I'd imagine we could sell him rather than settling his contract.

Blackman's been injured all season, but i can't see anyone wanting him.

Paying off player's to get them to leave sounds like utter nonsense. If you're that desperate to get them out the door then just sell them at a loss. Not cut your nose off to spite your face. 

16 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

You know what, I agree with a lot of that but I'm not so convinced Hughes is going to have a great season next season. I'm struggling to see where he fits into Rowett's style. If we're playing a 4-3-3 than fair enough, but in a 4-2-3-1 I think he's more of a hinderance than a help.

Play him at CAM in a 4-2-3-1 and you're sacrificing a goal threat at CAM, so better have goal scorers around him (i.e. Ince). If you're playing him at CDM you better have someone big, strong and quick next to him. Don't think Thorne or Johnson tick off all of those criteria.

Either way, I think Ince suits a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1, and would easily have a place in any team we put out.

My understanding was that the plan was to have a core of high quality players from different position groups that the squad was built around. I don't agree with selling our best winger when all our other wingers are so far off him in terms of quality.

We have a ton of decent CM's but only one good winger. Seems risky to sell him.

Yep! Let's hope, whatever happens, Gary can make it work

In all honestly I can't really think of any reason why Ince would stay if Newcastle came along. The opportunity to play in front of 50,000 Geordies fueled by booze, able to play premier league football under Rafa,bigger club with more potential, better opportunity to play for England, better nightlife and the birds are easier up there. 

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I can picture it now. Selling Ince and buying Marc Albrighton and George Boyd. Proper workman like 11. Yer padre's are creaming themselves with excitement.

Getting two Premiership players for one who's never proved his worth at the top level?

I'd have Albrighton in a heartbeat.

Archived