Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

22 minutes ago, feisty said:

The issue will be if he has an £8mn release clause in his contract. We may not be able to stop him going

I don't think he'd go yet anyway. I think he'd wait and see how the season pans out. I'm sure if he continues on current form he'll guarantee a place in many prem sides... hopefully ours!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It won't happen, at least in Jan anyway. His dad will probably advise him against it, he'd go from having complete freedom to express himself, to a team which already has several wide players and number 10s and if he doesn't play in a certain way he won't get a look in.

when has Benitez ever got the best out of flair players? If he went to Newcastle, it would end up the same way as his Hull move.

38 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

Tom is one sharp cookie. My bet is that he'll stay here until the summer by which time he'll get the pick of sides to go to unless we make it first.

He knows that Macca brings the best out of him and he does come across as being happy in life if he's happy on the pitch. Long may it continue.

its always easier if you are promoted as an integral part of a winning team, than moving later, but he knows this.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Yeah but is there anything any were saying he has a release clause ?

No. I'm just saying that all this "we won't sell" stuff is predicated on there not being one. Hopefully there isn't. But they are common clauses right?

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

He'll be in the Premier league with Newcastle in a few months' time.

Let's not forget his form dips as well as his brilliance in the past few months.

I  reckon we would probably take £12m.

His form has only ever dipped when he's been either asked to hug the touchline by Clement and or been playing for the dinosaur and thus used incorrectly.

Under Wassall and McClaren he's always been exceptional. 

1 hour ago, eddie said:

He;s doing ok in our strictly regimented, well-drilled defensive formation.

Benitez teams tend to defend as a team.  I also know that in every game that I don't attend Tom never helps out his full back.  I also know that in every game that I don't attend our defence is lucky or is playing poor or out of form teams.

Well drilled? pffft #forumknowledgeisking

2 hours ago, philmycock said:

£15m plus Ritchie maybe?

That would be a worthwhile shout as a starting point IF there was any truth to this.

Right now can't see Ince leaving us, got his mojo back under Mac and Newcastle really? Minor upgrade on Rams and under Benitez unlikely to thrive.

Tom Ince to Newcastle is getting a bit like Will Hughes to Liverpool.....Groundhog day zzzzzz

Am  I the on my own in thinking that maybe either Martin won't return or Ince will go? It is reputed that they don't get on , they both like to be top dog in our attack and like to  see a lot of the ball. Then there's Vydra- if Martin comes back is Vydra just going to be a bench warmer because I think Nugent will get the nod over him. Then of course there's Russell, Blackman , Weimann, Bent and Camara. An embarrassment of riches or too much deadwood, depending on your view

Archived