Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted! Not going to find a better replacement! No one at the club can do his job ! Russell 2 goals ayna 1 need some good signings otherwise this season could be over soonish! 

BUT I believe Gary is the right man for this job! And will do the right things 

All those posters on here lamenting the sale of Ince and replacing him with 'dross' will no doubt be many of the same who were getting pant wettingly excited in 2013-14 by what was being served up with Russell, Dawkins and Ward as our width options.  Football is best played as a team game - l like Ince and would be sad to see him go, but we might actually be a better team without him (even if his replacement is say George Boyd). 

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

All those posters on here lamenting the sale of Ince and replacing him with 'dross' will no doubt be many of the same who were getting pant wettingly excited in 2013-14 by what was being served up with Russell, Dawkins and Ward as our width options.  Football is best played as a team game - l like Ince and would be sad to see him go, but we might actually be a better team without him (even if his replacement is say George Boyd). 

Do you really think that? Do you believe last season without Ince we would finish higher than we were? 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Do you really think that? Do you believe last season without Ince we would finish higher than we were? 

Crikey, yea, my pants are already sodden with the thought of George Boyd replacing our best player....

Looks like he's gone. If we reinvest the money on someone who can play on the right side of a 4 man midfield then I don't mind too much.

We've been complaining for a long time that we have a squad which is an assortment of different playing styles. Rowett has clearly seen that and wants to put his stamp on things. Don't be surprised to see the Ince money fund a centre mid and a right winger. 

4 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

How could l know that? But l do know most successful teams are better if constructed as a unit rather than being reliant on one player to occasionally do something brilliant. I would think Rowett is not looking to replace Ince with a direct replacement who can score/assist at the same rate. He is almost certainly going to build a team that all make a better all round contribution

Archived