Stan Collymore vs Derby fans on Twitter

Cam the Ram

1 minute ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Isn't he just the Katie Hopkins of football?

He does this kind of thing to get 'trending'.

its offensive, but he's a narcissist, so he's loving all the buzz that goes with it.

best just to stop following and ignore.

this kind of stuff is just oxygen to him.

cut off the supply and he's just a sad, prevocative has been.

That's right. You'd think he'd have the emotional intelligence or maturity to be above it all; to act with some class.

Clearly beyond him.

But some of the folk winding him up should grow up too.

(He really was a good player though.)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man is a bully.

How can you say the FA should investigate a chant against you, then write that tweet and also threaten lawyers if anyone misrepresents it?!? The hypocritical coward.

The chant against him is harsh yesbut frankly, his behaviour on and off the pitch has caused it.  He has not one iota of respect from fans sadly, if he did he wouldn't get the chant. There's a reason why other hated players haven't received anything like he has.

10 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im such a nosey old woman its absolutely killing me not being able to read his tripe 

Not missing much. He's just calling every Derby resident hypocrites, playing innocent about the tweet in question and is insinuating that everyone from Derby is stupid and/or inbred. 

14 minutes ago, G-Ram said:

Im such a nosey old woman its absolutely killing me not being able to read his tripe 

His profile is public, you can read it if you logout if twitter.... he's not in a good place though, unfortunately he doesn't seem to recognise it.

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The man is a bully.

How can you say the FA should investigate a chant against you, then write that tweet and also threaten lawyers if anyone misrepresents it?!? The hypocritical coward.

The chant against him is harsh yesbut frankly, his behaviour on and off the pitch has caused it.  He has not one iota of respect from fans sadly, if he did he wouldn't get the chant. There's a reason why other hated players haven't received anything like he has.

Would love to see an investigation by the FA into the chant. 

"So, Mr Collymore, did you break your leg whilst in Derby?"

"Well, yes."

"So that part of the chant is correct."

"I suppose."

"And did you physically assault Ulrika?"

"Well yes."

"So that part of the chant is also correct."

"I guess .... but I do not wear a w*****s hat! So do something about that!"

"Goodbye Stanley."

Guess I'm one of a few that's not blocked by him, never felt the need to remind the bloke he broke his leg or battered his missus. 

His tweet is disgusting and unprofessional yet some of the replies even before this to his original tweet were in equal bad taste. Two wrongs don't make a right though, expect once he's calmed down a bit there will be some kind of apology.

It's all a bit sad really and a lot of growing up to be done both sides.

Of course, now he's carving his own niche as a internet pundit, the publicity won't do him any harm I suppose.

The new Howard Stern, rather than the new Stern John.

There you go Colly, a ready-made tag line.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The guy was genuinely trying to help him too

He's done that so he can say he was having an "episode" lashing out at a genuine person trying to help and pin it all on his mental health when he gets called out by the media for his tweet. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Guess I'm one of a few that's not blocked by him, never felt the need to remind the bloke he broke his leg or battered his missus. 

His tweet is disgusting and unprofessional yet some of the replies even before this to his original tweet were in equal bad taste. Two wrongs don't make a right though, expect once he's calmed down a bit there will be some kind of apology.

It's all a bit sad really and a lot of growing up to be done both sides.

To be fair tonight he is in full meltdown

if you tweet him something normal, not swearing, not life coaching & even not having a go back you are getting a blocking

His heads well and truly fell off tonight  

PistoldPete2
1 hour ago, TopRam said:

I hope he gets sacked for it

Sacked from what? I thought he'd already been sacked by talk sport does he actually have a job anymore. 

1 hour ago, oodledoodle said:

Says the song is worthy of an FA investigation. Wondering which part, it's all factually correct? 

The only part you could question is the masturbating  line as we don't know for sure that he is or does . The rest is factual.

I think we'd all admit some of the abuse that's been thrown at him over the years may have been over the top but I think a massive amount of footballers get that, I mean look at the amount of dogs abuse and even death threats Ronaldo or Figo used to get, they continued on as professionals and modal citizens. 

I hope Collymore gets the help he so clearly needs. In the meantime I'd keep my head down if I were him.

Archived