Richard Superman Keogh

FindernRam

3 hours ago, StivePesley said:

C1weNmxW8AExtsg.jpg

Look how far Keogh is from the goal when the striker pulls the trigger - unbelievable!

From behind the goal I had accepted we were 1-0 down.

Even when he slid in I looked to the assistant referee as I was sure it must have crossed the line.

Brilliant defending.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

there were a few occasions on Saturday where I wasn't sure if Carson had a bet on us to lose.

For the Super Keogh goal-line clearance, that pass from Carson direct to the attacker looked very suspect. It looks like he goes to belt it, sees the opponent and sidefoots it straight  to him.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Carson has put Keogh in a fair few pickles in recent weeks, there were a few occasions on Saturday where I wasn't sure if Carson had a bet on us to lose.

I forget the game recently when Keogh and Carson were toe to toe, as a result of Carson putting Keogh under unnecessary pressure.

Keogh's last-ditch clearance and then his misplaced pass for their goal all stem's from Macca wanting the team to play out from the back...he admitted as much in his post-match interview with radio Derby, that this is how he has asked them to play.

Now I wouldn't pretend to know more about the game than our gaffer, but playing this way is asking for trouble in my opinion.. especially if the opposition employ an high press.

It's all very well playing out from the back if you have the players to do it...this is the Championship afterall, not Barcelona..

I suppose there's a time and a place to play out this way, other times you just have to get rid.

I'd be interested to see what other fans think on this..

1 hour ago, DerbyMark said:

Keogh's last-ditch clearance and then his misplaced pass for their goal all stem's from Macca wanting the team to play out from the back...he admitted as much in his post-match interview with radio Derby, that this is how he has asked them to play.

Now I wouldn't pretend to know more about the game than our gaffer, but playing this way is asking for trouble in my opinion.. especially if the opposition employ an high press.

It's all very well playing out from the back if you have the players to do it...this is the Championship afterall, not Barcelona..

I suppose there's a time and a place to play out this way, other times you just have to get rid.

I'd be interested to see what other fans think on this..

Playing this way certainly suits our style of play. Definitely better than just asking the goalie to belt it as hard as possible to either wing which seemed to be the instruction under Pearson.

Totally agree with this though:

1 hour ago, 1967Ram said:

Playing this way certainly suits our style of play. Definitely better than just asking the goalie to belt it as hard as possible to either wing which seemed to be the instruction under Pearson.

Totally agree with this though:

It suits our style more, certainly. I still think it's a dangerous game to play though. Team's will do their homework and press us high up the pitch, and if we're not careful or more to the point comfortable on the ball under pressure then it will lead to errors like we saw on Saturday.

I'm sure they practice this in training and the more the defence get used to playing out from the back the Macca way ( as opposed to the clueless Pearson way ) the more comfortable with it they'll become.

Up The Rams!

1 hour ago, DerbyMark said:

It suits our style more, certainly. I still think it's a dangerous game to play though. Team's will do their homework and press us high up the pitch, and if we're not careful or more to the point comfortable on the ball under pressure then it will lead to errors like we saw on Saturday.

I'm sure they practice this in training and the more the defence get used to playing out from the back the Macca way ( as opposed to the clueless Pearson way ) the more comfortable with it they'll become.

Up The Rams!

Maybe it's all a cunning plan from the SuperMac! Lull the opposition into pressing too high up the pitch and catch them on the break. :whistle:

Keogh is vital to the way we play. No defender in championship is as good at bringing the ball out from the back and passing out from the back.

Its a tactic that works but need to vary it by going long occasionally (having Martin back will help with this). Play out from the back all the time and you get performance like Boro away under McC last time. Barely got out of our half that game 

Archived