Richard Superman Keogh

FindernRam

Totally brassed off with the moaning thread below. The guy has absolutely run his heart out for the Rams this year, been instrumental in driving us forward on numerous occasions, made many last ditch tackles, blocks and goal line clearances and yet you lot seem to want to call him out for every little thing. You chant Buxton is a football genius ( and I loved him as a Derby player) but Richard is a far better all round defender.

I feel better now. I think a large Whiskey is called for!:thumbsup: 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Totally brassed off with the moaning thread below. The guy has absolutely run his heart out for the Rams this year, been instrumental in driving us forward on numerous occasions, made many last ditch tackles, blocks and goal line clearances and yet you lot seem to want to call him out for every little thing. You chant Buxton is a football genius ( and I loved him as a Derby player) but Richard is a far better all round defender.

That @FindernRam. Always got a whisky in him.

44 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Last ditch goal-line clearance against the Baggies was a thing of beauty.

Would very much like to see it again.

That was excellent clearance. ????

48 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

I think we'll find that unclej has been giving him some practical advice on goal line clearances (as well as his all round play)

Keogh took a long time to win me round. Never any doubt he was a talented defender, but he was mistake prone...

Last season and more so, this season, he's been a revelation. Alongside either Shackell or Pearce he's absolutely solid and his passing and attacking play has been second to none, sometimes even putting the fullbacks to shame with his desire to advance the play, even when most others look disinterested (*cough* Wigan *cough*).

One of the players in this team currently, I would trust being capable of making the step up to the Premier League, especially as captain!

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Visionary.. How do you know we will be moaning on the thread below, youve only just started it.

Keogh.. Credit where it's due, been excellent this season. Still think he needs a strong partner, he is not a defensive leader and still gets caught positionally. Once he has a Shackell or a Pearce to steady him.

I've said it before on another similar thread but......

Richard keogh has been the soul of the first team for some 5 years now and we should feel grateful to have had his services. He's given his all for this club consistently. And if on occasion that hasn't been quite good enough then he's got his head down and come back stronger. Exemplary professional. 

Archived