Club / Fans praise thread

Tony Le Mesmer

10 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Crewe Alex fans.

Away at Exeter today. 3-0 down and a man sent off on 82 minutes yet they still stayed to witness a 4th Exeter goal and a total pasting. I'd have probably gone when the 3rd went in to be fair if I was that far away from home........:lol:

Just out of interest, has anyone ever left a game early thinking they had it won / lost only for something ridiculous to happen afterwards?

Left the last ever game at Highfield Road at half-time when we were 4-0 down. It finished 6-2 so I guess drawing the second half 2-2 is a pretty ridiculous thing in those circumstances?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Left the last ever game at Highfield Road at half-time when we were 4-0 down. It finished 6-2 so I guess drawing the second half 2-2 is a pretty ridiculous thing in those circumstances?

I once went to a game when I missed all 3 goals in a 3-3 draw. Three nil down at half time. 3-1 minutes into the second half when I was still queuing for a pie. Missed it. 3-2 when i'd gone to the bogs. Missed it. Left after 90 minutes and equaliser in 94th minute. Missed.

Also left a game at 3-0 down with 5 minutes left and got in the car for the drive home. Stuck R5 live on and final score 3-3!

They say things come in three's. They bloody well do for me!!

On 12 January 2017 at 21:26, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Southampton striker Charlie Austin loaned his private box out 

Nice gesture. 

Dirty bogger.

9 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Crewe Alex fans.

Away at Exeter today. 3-0 down and a man sent off on 82 minutes yet they still stayed to witness a 4th Exeter goal and a total pasting. I'd have probably gone when the 3rd went in to be fair if I was that far away from home........:lol:

Just out of interest, has anyone ever left a game early thinking they had it won / lost only for something ridiculous to happen afterwards?

Only ever left a ground once early. Against Coventry in 04/05 season. 2-0 down board goes up 2 minutes left, had work straight after the match, so decided to leave by the time I got to work (I was working at KFC down the road) still thinking we had lost to find out that we had drew 2-2. I have stayed for some horrendous results and performances as well.

On 2/4/2017 at 18:18, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Crewe Alex fans.

The opposite...we went to Oldham and probably stayed in the pub a little too long and arrived at the ground 5 minutes into the game... watched a drab 0-0 draw but came away happy enough with a point. Got almost all he way home before the radio informed us that Oldham had scored in the first minute and we had actually lost 1-0..

also, went to France 98, mossed beckhams free kick against Columbia as I was peeing.....went to Azabajan to see England....I stood in the freezing cold in shorts for the whole game, went to get a hot wine half way through the game and missed the only goal......

11 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

The opposite...we went to Oldham and probably stayed in the pub a little too long and arrived at the ground 5 minutes into the game... watched a drab 0-0 draw but came away happy enough with a point. Got almost all he way home before the radio informed us that Oldham had scored in the first minute and we had actually lost 1-0..

also, went to France 98, mossed beckhams free kick against Columbia as I was peeing.....went to Azabajan to see England....I stood in the freezing cold in shorts for the whole game, went to get a hot wine half way through the game and missed the only goal......

I don't know whether I should give a 'like' for such misfortune but enjoyed the stories. :thumbsup:

Archived