Hanson to Wigan ?

neil62uk

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

i think its time for him to get some league football under his belt, for a sustained period. I think however before he goes we need to assess our injured players to determine if cover is going to be needed.

The problem with Hanson is , while ever he's here he's going to be a utility man . Playing in 5 different positions whilst good for the team is no good for the player as an individual.  He will never get to learn and master a position, needs to utilise himself in a position and stick to it. 

I like Hanson but I do have to wonder what position is his best and also wonder about his progress. Not seen ready for CB, RB, LB or CDM. We have had injuries in all these positions and he isn't 2nd choice in any. Suppose CB we have 3 top players there and LB isn't natural to him. I think a loan would do him good. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

I like Hanson but I do have to wonder what position is his best and also wonder about his progress. Not seen ready for CB, RB, LB or CDM. We have had injuries in all these positions and he isn't 2nd choice in any. Suppose CB we have 3 top players there and LB isn't natural to him. I think a loan would do him good. 

Great minds and all that @ollycutts1982 ?. See my above post. 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Great minds and all that @ollycutts1982 ?. See my above post. 

@RiddingsRam I saw your post as I had just posted mine. Just hope he doesn't become the latest nearly man. Plus one thing I keep hear him being referred to as Bruiser I don't think I've seen him put in a bone crunching tackle yet. Maybe he needs a Seth Johnson masterclass. 

5 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

@RiddingsRam I saw your post as I had just posted mine. Just hope he doesn't become the latest nearly man. Plus one thing I keep hear him being referred to as Bruiser I don't think I've seen him put in a bone crunching tackle yet. Maybe he needs a Seth Johnson masterclass. 

He tried one yesterday on McClean and missed by a country mile ? 

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Go watch the forest game, think it was last season when he played. 

I think for his sake and developing a career in the sport he should focus on RB. I don't think he has the attributes to stand out anywhere IMO and I see a Mason Bennett in him but with much better attitude.

If it gives him guaranteed football then going out on loan would be the right thing.

10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I think for his sake and developing a career in the sport he should focus on RB. I don't think he has the attributes to stand out anywhere IMO and I see a Mason Bennett in him but with much better attitude.

If it gives him guaranteed football then going out on loan would be the right thing.

I agree, he needs to focus on being a right back and playing regular first team football.

If he becomes a recognised RB at championship level, it won't stop us using him to cover LB, DM but it'll give him something to work towards.

Hanson, Bucko and Warnock in Wigan's back 4.

I like hanson seems a nice chap and we all like him because he's come through the ranks. He needs a loan move & some first team action to develop and push on. He's a good player for his age but he isnt good enough for our first team week in week out. Hopefully a loan out will improve him and he'll come back better  

Archived