Leeds United v Derby County (A) - Matchday Thread

RamsPolls

9 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just out of interest. Has the 37 quid ticket price put anyone off going to this game? Just would be interested to know how many (if any) have been deterred purely on stupid ticket pricing alone. Thanks

The price is slightly better for us as Leeds is one of the clubs that still offers senior discounts to over 60s - I think my other half's ticket was £25 or thereabouts. 

I don't like going to Leeds,  find it rather intimidating. I just keep my head down, don't wear my colours and get into the ground as quickly as possible. 

Actually , I feel more threatened by the heavy stewarding and policing than I do the Leeds fans! 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I tick 3 out of your 4 boxes Alan. Sadly I'm not going to Scarborough though.

Have a good time man. Maybe take in Scarborough Athletic FC? They play at Queensgate in Brid though but i go whenever I can when I'm up there. They lost at Burscough at the weekend so should be at home this.

It's a good way to while away a few hours.

No?

Ok, pub it is then! :p

GOOD idea but sadly I am a one team man.I have on I think THREE occasions watched (NON RAMS matches) 

Sunderland v Millwall 1994 at Roker park (I was working in Hendon Sunderland and staying at the Roker Hotel)

England v Brazil 1987 at Wembley Shilts was in goal a Southampton player at the time I think

Rochdale v Chesterfield 1983ish at Spotland(working in Levenshulme Manchester think Chesterfield won 4.2)

6 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Unfortunately I will be stuck on a train for 4 hours during this one but I'm looking at options to see if I can watch it. Has anyone ever tried watching football through NowTV off a portable device ?

I've watched a game on sky go whilst on the train. The problem is 4G drops in and out and the wifi isn't constant either. Which means  you have to keep reloading, which is very annoying. I would stick to the radio if I was you

4 minutes ago, Doodle said:

I've watched a game on sky go whilst on the train. The problem is 4G drops in and out and the wifi isn't constant either. Which means  you have to keep reloading, which is very annoying. I would stick to the radio if I was you

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not terribly surprised but I was hoping to watch the game. I wouldn't have thought I'd be able to listen to the radio though, radio derby don't broadcast the games online.

I'd  play this team:

Carson

Keogh Pearce  Shackell.   Baird

De Sart

Hughes.         Johnson

Ince.        Bent.       Camara

Back 4 are solid defensively which means that Ince and Razza can run riot and focus on attacking like they did against West Brom.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

I'd  play this team:

Carson

De Sart

Hughes.         Johnson

Back 4 are solid defensively which means that Ince and Razza can run riot and focus on attacking like they did against West Brom.

Hmm I don't like the idea of a Pearce Shackell personally. They both are slow and I think we'd have to defend deeper than we like to play to accommodate that, plus neither are very comfortable on the ball and our distribution from the back would suffer. I also don't like playing two players out of position who have both been doing well.

Personally I'd go for

Carson

Baird    Keogh    Pearce  Johnson/Hanson

De Sart

Hughes    Bryson/Johnson

Ince           Bent/Nugent         Camara/Russell

I really think Johnson could do a good covering job at left back but otherwise I'd go for Hanson. I am tempted to see how Nugent would play up front for us because I feel he will give us more than Bent but it would be harsh on Bent after being instrumental against WBA. I'd like to see Camara given a go after the glowing reports from saturday but I also wouldn't blame McClaren for going Russell particularly as he gives a bit more cover on that left hand side.

Team selection for this one will be very interesting. Personally I don't think Mac should move to much away from the team that defeated WBA. He's always said if you get the chance you've got to try to keep the shirt. There will be an argument to get Hughes in the side as he was not part of the defeat at Norwich. If that's the case I can see Bryson dropping out of the team. Other than that I would play the same side and yes that means Shackell , De Sart and Razza all start. 

15 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Hmm I don't like the idea of a Pearce Shackell personally. They both are slow and I think we'd have to defend deeper than we like to play to accommodate that, plus neither are very comfortable on the ball and our distribution from the back would suffer. I also don't like playing two players out of position who have both been doing well.

Personally I'd go for

Carson

Baird    Keogh    Pearce  Johnson/Hanson

De Sart

Hughes    Bryson/Johnson

Ince           Bent/Nugent         Camara/Russell

I really think Johnson could do a good covering job at left back but otherwise I'd go for Hanson. I am tempted to see how Nugent would play up front for us because I feel he will give us more than Bent but it would be harsh on Bent after being instrumental against WBA. I'd like to see Camara given a go after the glowing reports from saturday but I also wouldn't blame McClaren for going Russell particularly as he gives a bit more cover on that left hand side.

Agree but Hanson at right back (if Anya not fit) and Johnson in midfield, bent up front, Cam the Ram playing on the left. Bryson and Russell on the bench with Nugent, Weiman and Shacks 

I would agree with McLovin's team - would feel safer with Baird at left back and Keogh over on the right than playing Hanson for this game. Unless Mac decides to have Shackell at left back and Keogh and Pearce back together in the middle 

17 hours ago, McLovin said:

I'd  play this team:

Carson

De Sart

Hughes.         Johnson

I like this team may just tweak it around. Both Pearce and Shacks prefer playing on the same side at CB. Could move Shacks to LB ( played there for Burnley on occasion) have the usual other 3. It would mean we have no real attacking intent from the full backs , but away at Leeds a solid back four is more important. From what I saw of de Saat against West Brom he is more than capable of feeding the wingers with quality balls to run on to. This team could definitely get a win at Leeds. 

Carson

Baird    Keogh   Pearce   Shackell

De Sart
  Hughes                      Johnson

Ince                            Camara
                    Bent

Bench - Mitchell, Rawson, Hanson, Bryson, Russell, Vydra, Nugent

Shackell was immense at West Brom but I can't take Pearce out as he's been playing fine so Shacks can go left back and add a bit of experience against a good Leeds side. Hanson isn't exactly lightning fast so no problem with Shacks pace.
De Sart keeps his place as he played well and loved to be on the ball which is what we will need against Leeds Midfield.
Hughes comes back in bit harsh on Bryson but think he will offer more. Bryson is brilliant coming off the bench for last 20 with his engine. Camara in for Russell as hes been disappointing for a while now, work rate you cannot fault but application is rubbish. I also want Camara to get some run of game and some confidence. Bent stays in and will really have to play to his max now with Vydra and Nugent wanting his position. 
No place for Weimann on the bench, doesn't really offer us anything and we now have Nugent so can see him moving at the end of Jan. I don't think any left backs will be back for this game so Rawson and Hanson fill the back up defenders spot.

On 1/9/2017 at 22:47, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just out of interest. Has the 37 quid ticket price put anyone off going to this game? Just would be interested to know how many (if any) have been deterred purely on stupid ticket pricing alone. Thanks

Yes it has.

Wait a minute, no it hasn't.

But the fact that Leeds is a **** hole, their fans are animals and I hate the place has.

Archived