matty1986

David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

654 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

You have left me an open goal there but I am going to let it go...

I merely assumed you were better than a simple "your mum" joke...

Then again if you don't take the chances when you're through on goal you may as well not be on the pitch... Just ask our Matej after Friday...

Well it seems I am harbouring a bit of an unfair judgement on our new striker.  OK I will let it drop and give him my full support, but he will always be "Emily" to me.  Those aged 50 + will know what i mean. 

1 hour ago, oldtimeram said:

Well it seems I am harbouring a bit of an unfair judgement on our new striker.  OK I will let it drop and give him my full support, but he will always be "Emily" to me.  Those aged 50 + will know what i mean. 

I read your post about not liking him and I agreed with you, my reason was purely petty but at the time I was raging! It was when we were playing Leicester at home and Bucko was running to shield a ball out for a goal kick and he came behind him and pushed him in the back causing Bucko to stumble and touch the ball which resulted in a corner kick. We all called for a foul, ref didn't.They duely took it and somehow it hit Grant on the backside and they scored. However he will get my full support here as I  want the whole team to do well and him too now he is part of DCFC, I also will continue to call him Emily until he scores lots of goals for us, then he might get an upgrade to Ted if he's lucky.

oldtimeram likes this

11 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I read your post about not liking him and I agreed with you, my reason was purely petty but at the time I was raging! It was when we were playing Leicester at home and Bucko was running to shield a ball out for a goal kick and he came behind him and pushed him in the back causing Bucko to stumble and touch the ball which resulted in a corner kick. We all called for a foul, ref didn't.They duely took it and somehow it hit Grant on the backside and they scored. However he will get my full support here as I  want the whole team to do well and him too now he is part of DCFC, I also will continue to call him Emily until he scores lots of goals for us, then he might get an upgrade to Ted if he's lucky.

So you're upset with him for a bit of gamesmanship...? Do you also not like Ince for going down too easily to win penalties against Wolves/Rotherham?

I know what you mean about some players/people just do something that are hard to forget, however small. But it's ok to support our player. I'm glad you've come round