David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Bent was only a year or so younger when he came in on loan and he netted 10 in 15 games in a team that was in meltdown. I'd fancy Nugent could do a job for us alright, but I'd massively favour a loan over shelling out £3.5 million with his salary to cover to boot.

On the downside, if there's any substance to this it would seem to infer that Martin won't be back before the end of the season :(

2 hours ago, t'oldu said:

Reminds me of Kitson.  That is not a compliment. HE was trouble in a dressing room. Eventually couldn't get a club. Pickering did well to personally push him up to Newcastle.

had some good skills too - but was just a lazy sulky *******                                                                                                                                                                  

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

On the downside, if there's any substance to this it would seem to infer that Martin won't be back before the end of the season :(

Which just means that Martin stays on loan in London rocking Fulham's boat - AND the loan fee ends up paying the transfer fee for Nugent.

Win-win.

Heard rumours that us getting Martin back this month may depend on Shackell and Camara going the other way.  

So this doesn't surprise me either as a replacement or as a bluff to help move the negotiations in our favour. 

7 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Heard rumours that us getting Martin back this month may depend on Shackell and Camara going the other way.  

So this doesn't surprise me either as a replacement or as a bluff to help move the negotiations in our favour. 

if that's the case I'd rather stick with where we are now

scored goals  where ever hes been  Bury  ,Preston , Portsmouth  Burnley ( loan )   .  Fester  ,  and Boro    at total of 145 goals in 461 matches  ..   of Which most of his goals have come in the CHAMPIONSHIP   :thumbsup:   

On 19 March 2007, following much speculation after Steve McClaren confirmed he had been watching Nugent, David was called into the full England squad to replace the injured Darren Bent of Charlton Athletic. ( OH THE IRONY  ) 

On 28 March 2007, Nugent made his debut as a late substitute for England in a UEFA Euro 2008 qualifying match against Andorra in Barcelona. He marked the occasion by scoring the final goal in a 3–0 win in the 93rd minute

wouldnt mind him at Derby   TBH  :)

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don't get this. He isn't a target man that can hold the ball up which is what we need for this system. If we change the system we have Vydra, a younger and faster version of Nugent. So where does Nugent fit in?

Exactly. What will he bring that we can't get from Vydra and Bent. 

Archived