David Nugent - Signed 2 and a half year deal

matty1986

Age of Nugent is irrelevant, case in point Jermaine Defoe.

Not a question of pace or old legs, Vydra has that in abundance, for me it's does he fit our system and more to the point, will he score goals.

Good job Mac is the Manager.

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

Not for me thanks, reminds me too much of Pearson and overpriced to boot. If we can't get Martin back I'd go for a loan, someone younger like Bamford and proven goal scorer in championship

Nugent is a proven goal scorer in the championship, promotions from the championship, premier league goals.

I'd quite like him here on loan if Martin's not coming back. We seem to be moving with sense this window. I like it. Perhaps Vydra is going to need to prove himself as a winger and a winger must be leaving. Blackman or Camara most likely but don't put too much money on Weimann still being here at the end of January.

What age was Glenn Murray when Brighton decided to sign him? 

There re aren't many players that can consistently score goals in this league - he's got pedigree. 

Would be a brilliant loan signing - not so sure in permanent as hopefully Martin will be back next season.

31 is no age in today's game.  He has Championship know how and would be a good addition to the squad.  Never believe any fee printed or discussed in any periodical (they start off as guesses and then become conventional wisdom) and, in any event, there are so many clauses in these things that what we pay is probably nowhere near what is quoted.  Not my money either, so never really bothers me what we pay. If we can afford it, and the manager reckons it is value for money, then so be it.  Not one molecule of skin off my nose. I'm not the club's accountant so why does it bother me (and there is no evidence to suggest buying Nugent for x means we can't by y or we should've bought z for £a)? Notmreally as if what we spend has any correlation with ticket prices these days either.

Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Think somebody's already said it but, Defoe proves age is no problem if you're good enough. 

If it's a loan, I'm all for this. Not gonna be stuck with him if it doesn't work out, if it does work out, then lucky us. 

Archived