FA Cup 4th Round

Angry Ram

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

mentions of fleetwood just makes you realise how amazing football can be, not many years ago blackpool were in the PL and fleetwood playing non league football, now fleetwood are the top team out the two of them.

Just been to see my local non league side beat Ipswich tonight,literally 10 minutes walk to see a well disciplined decent side on the up, Ipswich were shocking though! Hope they play like that in a couple of weeks! 

Anybody else watch it? Thought Lincoln played pretty well with some tough tackling but nothing too bad personally 

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Just been to see my local non league side beat Ipswich tonight,literally 10 minutes walk to see a well disciplined decent side on the up, Ipswich were shocking though! Hope they play like that in a couple of weeks! 

Anybody else watch it? Thought Lincoln played pretty well with some tough tackling but nothing too bad personally 

Yeah watched it. Ipswich were bloody awful, lazy, disinterested, sloppy and embarrassing but that's not to detract from Lincoln who were by far the better side. I know Cowley used to be a PE teacher combining that job with managing his old club Braintree and the Imps players certainly looked fit right until the death.

Got a bit of a soft spot for Lincoln. Spent 3 years at Uni there, been to Sincil Bank on a number of occasions parking in the common and walking by the river.

Do they still have that annoying bloke with the air raid siren every time they get a corner?

Lived in Lincoln since I was 6 (18 years) always try and get down if we aren't playing. I walk my dog on that common! 

Was saying to my mate they'd get tired eventually but they just kept going... very much deserved and they should have won it in the 1st leg according to all the Lincoln fans, I wouldn't know as I was at West Brom that day 

8 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Was half watching and willing the Imps because of Theo, looked a decent  and finely poised game.

Worth seeing the end just to laugh at Mad Mick's spanked monkey face.

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

Saw the 2nd half and thought Lincoln played well. The 9  (read? ) looked a handful and that Ipswich clogger Jonathan Edwards got a yellow card for an ankle high lunge.

Was willing theo to do something bonkers but he was quite restrained.

You'd have to fancy Brighton in 4th round unfortunately. 

Assume you mean Jonathan Douglas? Although Jonathan Edwards is not a bad comparison with the way he lunges into challenges.

He caught Rhead with a knee high challenge and then followed it up with the ankle high lunge for which he was booked.

Thug of a football player and it will be no surprise when he seriously injures someone again.

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Assume you mean Jonathan Douglas? Although Jonathan Edwards is not a bad comparison with the way he lunges into challenges.

He caught Rhead with a knee high challenge and then followed it up with the ankle high lunge for which he was booked.

Thug of a football player and it will be no surprise when he seriously injures someone again.

I know you shouldn't wish injuries on someone but you know if someone gave some of what he dishes out back to him and he got hurt that would be a shame..

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I know you shouldn't wish injuries on someone but you know if someone gave some of what he dishes out back to him and he got hurt that would be a shame..

You see this is the sort of thing that really annoys me with football and makes me think the people running it haven't got a clue.

Apparently his 2 reckless challenges last night, either which could have resulted in yet another broken league, have ended up with the same punishment you get for taking your top off after scoring a goal (although I acknowledge the fact that doing this is ridiculous anyway).

Archived