Butterfield red card appealed

David

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This was a cunning plan by Stevie Mac to appeal a red card which was as blatant as the Keane tackle on Alf inge Haaland.

Stevie knew it would be extended to 3 games, leaving the midfield depleted and Mel with no choice but to get his cheque book out.

Also the moon landings were fake.

Now we have to up the bid for Lansbury and get Sammon as well. Top tactic

54 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Think you're totally wrong on the Thorne challenge...... 

Think everyone on here would be berating any central defender watching on whilst a opposition player tucked into a pretty much open net from 6 yards out. Think it was just a horrible accident that happened there, don't think he was trying to injure the guy at all, last ditch defending at all costs springs to mind..... 

With regards Butterfield, you could get 100 opinions and after numerous times playing it over and seeing it you'll get a 50/50 split, I can see why he gave red at the time. Also can understand people calling for a yellow..... The officials made a judgement call and took their time over the decision, and felt it was right to send him.

I could well be wrong but Ipswich have the reputation of being a very physical team and hadn't Jonathan Douglas already broke someone's leg before? Coincidence?

Ask me who's challenge is more dangerous and likely to cause serious injury and it is the challenge on Thorne 100%.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

Think you're totally wrong on the Thorne challenge...... 

Think everyone on here would be berating any central defender watching on whilst a opposition player tucked into a pretty much open net from 6 yards out. Think it was just a horrible accident that happened there, don't think he was trying to injure the guy at all, last ditch defending at all costs springs to mind..... 

With regards Butterfield, you could get 100 opinions and after numerous times playing it over and seeing it you'll get a 50/50 split, I can see why he gave red at the time. Also can understand people calling for a yellow..... The officials made a judgement call and took their time over the decision, and felt it was right to send him.

I won't go as far to insinuate Douglas was out to injure Thorne but it was a wild, reckless, dangerous challenge, that has zero place in the modern game and should have earnt him a red card (I don't think I will ever understand how he got away without getting sent off). Calling it an accident absolves Douglas of blame when he full well deserves it, whether he meant to injure or not.

Just now, 1977 Ram Raider said:

****** does that mean Craig I've done f**k all for the last 2 seasons Bryson will start all 3.

Probably, unless we move Johnson further forward or bring someone new in. Whilst I don't think Bryson has impressed too much in his recent games, perhaps all needs is a run of games to get going. And perhaps if a certain striker comes back, he will excel for us again.

The 3 game ban is not an extension, it's standard for this type of challenge, so nothing lost.

i've said previously, you'll see a dozen of these challenges in the championship alone on a typical match day, and a mix of reactions by the ref, from play on to a red card. If Butterfield had backed out of that challenge and watched the bloke skip around him and start yet another Norwich attack you'd be calling him for a lack of commitment. These decisions usually depend on whether you're playing at home or away.

And for those that reckon the game turned on it, watch again. It changed on the first goal. A "forward" pass misplaced by BJ, Up to that point it was all Derby. But some seem to want to overlook that and yet again blame it on JB, IMO the most technically solid player we have. Those that keep banging this same drum are clearly a Negative Influence in Need of Optical Surgery ( Oh look.......that's a NINOS!) 

6 hours ago, Ninos said:

Bad appeal. But this is a blessing in disguise. This guy has killed our attacks with his sideways runs, shirking of tackles (except this one) and his wasteful shooting. Bryson Hughes Elsnik and Johnson all proper centre mids. Guess we will add the boro kid too.

You don't half talk some **** Ninos! And it's just not born out by the stats. (Not that stats are everything!) But he plays the role that Mac is asking him to play better than anybody else in a Derby shirt. JB and JR have been integral to the impressive run that's just come to an end! Give them a break FFS! 

7 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I won't go as far to insinuate Douglas was out to injure Thorne but it was a wild, reckless, dangerous challenge, that has zero place in the modern game and should have earnt him a red card (I don't think I will ever understand how he got away without getting sent off). Calling it an accident absolves Douglas of blame when he full well deserves it, whether he meant to injure or not.

Standard Mick Mcarthy tactics, sadly.

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Mmmm, doesn't look too good to me.

IMG_20160507_180751.jpg

@Mafiabob now can you see why I think the FA need to review their system?!

Even if this was an accident how can it not be classed as serious foul play as Butterfield's was?

Looks more like a very dangerous lunge than last ditch defending to me.

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, brady1993 said:

I agree he should have been sent off, the ref clearly missed it though otherwise surely would have sent him off, he didnt even give a foul.

Accident or not still dangerous play.

Archived