Butterfield red card appealed

David

From the website:

Derby County have lodged an appeal to the Football Association against midfielder Jacob Butterfield’s sending off in Monday’s Sky Bet Championship game at Norwich City.

The 26-year-old was shown a straight red card by match referee Darren Bond after 66 minutes in the game at Carrow Road, for a challenge deemed to be one of serious foul play. 

The club has submitted its case for wrongful dismissal and will now await the outcome of the appeal. 

21 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

I'm showing my age...but I thought it was a good tackle...nowadays possibly a yellow as he was a tad wild. Definitely not a 'frivolous' appeal.

Definitely not a red but agreed possibly a yellow at least. 

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don't you get an extra game ban for appealing?

I think that depends if they think the appeal was frivolous

Bad appeal. But this is a blessing in disguise. This guy has killed our attacks with his sideways runs, shirking of tackles (except this one) and his wasteful shooting. Bryson Hughes Elsnik and Johnson all proper centre mids. Guess we will add the boro kid too.

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Bad appeal. But this is a blessing in disguise. This guy has killed our attacks with his sideways runs, shirking of tackles (except this one) and his wasteful shooting. Bryson Hughes Elsnik and Johnson all proper centre mids. Guess we will add the boro kid too.

This guy played a part for 10 games unbeaten run. He definitely don't killed our attacks. Martin now Butterfield who next?