Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

19 minutes ago, richinspain said:

If you can get the south stand singing any of those at the next home game I'll get you a crate! And I'll make sure it's something better than San Miguel!

I'll just take the crate fella, coz every gig or every sporting event I go to, the biggest bloke or biggest woman in the world always plonks there selves in front of me.

"South stand, south stand look at me, I'm as high as a tree (no not that lot) you know what I mean"......c'mon sing up, swig of ale in it for ya!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/01/2017 at 20:48, mike93rh said:

Like many others on here, I like what I've seen from Razza despite having had very sparse game time (part injuries fault, part managers not picking him).

Before this season I'd seen nothing to make me think Pearce would turn into anything special and yet, given a run in the team, he's been a rock.

Makes me wonder if moving Razza on before giving him a similar chance would be a mistake, given he has actually shown promise already... 

*ahem* 

32 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I like Razza but still have questions of his defensive attributes. Hanson got slaughtered in the first half, he was offered little protection by the man in front of him. But, as a player running at his man, there is no one more dangerous at the club. 

Razza could have not gone past the halfway line all match and Matty Phillips would have still slaughtered Hanson at LB. Not Jamie's fault, he did a job when the team needed him, but today was never going to highlight Razza's defensive qualities.

56 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

10 goals and 8 assists last season not good enough for you then? 

He didnt perform well last season. He turned up about March time and scored a few. Before that he was dreadful. 

Theres a video of him after the 2nd leg Hull play off game where he says he hasn't performed. 5 of those 10 goals came after the 5th of March. When admittedly. He started to play well. 

So I stand corrected. Over the past 2 seasons hes played well for about 2 months. 

And no. 8 assists for a winger in a 46 game season isn't very good at all. 

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

He didnt perform well last season. He turned up about March time and scored a few. Before that he was dreadful. 

Theres a video of him after the 2nd leg Hull play off game where he says he hasn't performed. 5 of those 10 goals came after the 5th of March. When admittedly. He started to play well. 

So I stand corrected. Over the past 2 seasons hes played well for about 2 months. 

8 assists isn't very good you say, yet only 6 players in the Championship got more assists than him last season. And during the summer weren't you desperate for us to sign McManaman? Why would you be quite happy to bring in someone who's scored 12 goals in his whole career and had about 1 good season in his life but are so overly critical of Russell? If we signed McManaman you'd be doing the exact same thing to him a couple of years down the line.

6 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

8 assists isn't very good you say, yet only 6 players in the Championship got more assists than him last season. And during the summer weren't you desperate for us to sign McManaman? Why would you be quite happy to bring in someone who's scored 12 goals in his whole career and had about 1 good season in his life but are so overly critical of Russell? If we signed McManaman you'd be doing the exact same thing to him a couple of years down the line.

Also worth noting that in Clements first 5 games (4 draws and a loss), Russell was arguably the best performer and pretty much our only goal threat.

Russell gets a lot of stick from people who are fed up with his lack of quality, while also being defended to the last by others due to his attitude, work rate and passion for the club. I think both are unfair. He is a champ winger, not gonna light it up every game, and if we get a winger this window that improves us, Johnny will be on the bench, but he doesn't deserve to stick he's getting. I like players who enjoy playing for my club

You'd have thought after yesterday's game that some folk might be able to focus on the positives for a short while before reverting to their usual scapegoating of Bryson, Butterfield and Russell. Sad how utterly negative folk can be, especially those who consistently refuse to accept that the facts do not support their embittered little outpourings.

Back on thread, I'm made up for Razza. Been convinced for a while that he just needs game time and perhaps he'll get that now. With Lowe to come back in we might have potent threats on both flanks moving forwards which is an exciting prospect for the remainder of the season.

COYR

20 hours ago, rammieib said:

God forbid a conversation develops, unless it's 86 Points as developing a conversation is too tricky for him.

Grow up will you. It's not my fault you're dim. The issue folks have is that as per feckin usual, you're hijacking a thread to bitch about other players. There's a Russell thread you know!  If you can't get through the day without slagging him off try posting there. 

Archived