Razza Camara

Arsene Titman

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Push yes Lupoli I can't remember him doing anything off the bench? 

He scored a couple last minute goals after coming on which sticks in the memory. 

Ipswich at home was a big one. 

The performance against Doncaster in the cup, the birth of the 'ring of fire' chant, is another. Came on 2/3-0 down and was instrumental in turning it round 3-3. We only went on to lose on penalties, but still a cracking game. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby County have rejected a loan approach from Queens Park Rangers for midfielder Abdoul Camara and will instead look to sell the Guinea international for €2.5 million (£2.1 million), according to French source Foot Mercato.

The 26-year-old only joined the Rams from Angers last year but has failed to make an impact at Pride Park during his time in England.

A former France under-21 international, the versatile attacking midfielder has only made a handful appears for Steve McClaren’s men and is seemingly surplus to requirements at County.

The report suggests that Ian Holloway is keen on a temporary deal for Camara that would see him move to Loftus Road for the remainder of the season.

QPR have put a cushion between themselves and the Championship bottom three, but defeat to Burton Albion at the weekend has reduced that comfort level.

Holloway has been vocal in his desire to land a few new players before the window closes and has signed Luke Freeman from Bristol City.

However, for Camara to swap Derby for QPR it appears that a transfer fee rather than a loan approach will be needed.

Just watching the full 90 against Ipswich. Apart from beating his man once or twice, he didn't have that greater game.

Never really looks like he knows what to do with the ball when he's got it. Pace and a few crosses looked decent, but not sure he offers more than Russell, or as much goal threat as Blackman might.

Why would we sell him now? He's just begun to show a bit of form and I don't agree that he has no end product. He's had bugger all game time since he arrived and is worth having a proper look at. Were we bringing someone else in then maybe, but now? Anya seems pretty fragile to me so to my mind it's a definite 'no'.

Archived