De Sart - Signed on loan

David

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Similar to Mascarell by the sounds of things. 

From what I saw of Mascarell, De Sart is much more suited to English football. De Sart has the frame and can cover the ground required, just needs to bulk up a tad.

11 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Boro fan here, thought I'd drop in and give you my thoughts on De Sart.

Signed for us from Standard Liege having fallen out with their manager, he was very highly rated in the Belgium youth set up and by Liege themselves. He's a tall, classy midfielder who has a great pass on him and covers ground well from what I've seen. He's very highly rated by our coaching team and was in the first team for a lot of our pre season games, from what I saw of him in pre season I was expecting him to feature for us a lot more than he has done. Will be good for him and you if he can get some game time.

From what i've seen of him... he looks not too similar to Fabbrini... Would you say this is true?

5 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

From what I saw of Mascarell, De Sart is much more suited to English football. De Sart has the frame and can cover the ground required, just needs to bulk up a tad.

Send him round my house, I'll get some fat on him in no time. Lots of crisps and cheese, midnight snacks and little activity should do the trick

14 minutes ago, BoroWill said:

Boro fan here, thought I'd drop in and give you my thoughts on De Sart.

Signed for us from Standard Liege having fallen out with their manager, he was very highly rated in the Belgium youth set up and by Liege themselves. He's a tall, classy midfielder who has a great pass on him and covers ground well from what I've seen. He's very highly rated by our coaching team and was in the first team for a lot of our pre season games, from what I saw of him in pre season I was expecting him to feature for us a lot more than he has done. Will be good for him and you if he can get some game time.

The question is then, why hasn't he broken through to become more of a regular in your first team?

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

From what i've seen of him... he looks not too similar to Fabbrini... Would you say this is true?

Nothing like Fabbrini from what I saw in pre season. He's a central midfielder rather than a number 10, much more composed and the potential to be much more physical.

9 minutes ago, robglosta said:

Wiki don't mess about: 

Julien De Sart

Footballer

Julien Ariel De Sart is a Belgian footballer who plays for English club Derby County as a defensive midfielder. Wikipedia

"We'll have to get YouTube down to film this" - Michael Scott

24 minutes ago, eddie said:

Not when he first arrived he didn't.

Or when he scored 15 taking Norwich to promotion, or the rare occasions this season when he's scored. Good example: Norwich. We never let him go forward, he's deadly from the edge of the box.

17 minutes ago, cannable said:

Under Clement, who attempted to have him and George rotating between who goes forward and who sits. 

I'd him another chance there.

My one major worry over Johnson still remains that I'm not convinced he can retain possession well enough for the style of football we want to try to play to be a first choice midfielder. I believe this becomes more of a problem the further forward he plays because of having less time on the ball. And it doesn't surprise me that McClaren is looking at bringing in a CDM who is very comfortable on the ball in De Sart as well as looking to bring in a more attacking midfielder like Lansbury.

With that said I do like Johnson and I'm more than will to have an open mind at being tried further forward. Either way I think he will be a real asset to squad going forward, even if we bring in a couple new faces.

43 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Worrying for Thorne then I suppose. 

Could well be a case of not wanting to have to rush Thorne back and rely on a play who hasn't played in 6 months coming back firing. I suspect there is a small element of McClaren learning his lesson after what happened at the back end of 14/15.

Archived