Danny Ward

Coneheadjohn

You can all stone me in a minute but let me explain.

The source is someone well involved at Rotherham.

Apparently we have or are lining up a 1.2 million bid and that macca has watched him.

Ipswich are in as well.

Also tells me Camps off to Cardiff.

Very interesting conversation with him regarding Jacketts departure.

This was at work so I've no way of looking into any of it.

No idea what's right or not but he would certainly know.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least the Ipswich part seems legit!

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich_town_reportedly_close_to_signing_strikers_danny_ward_and_cauley_woodrow_from_rotherham_and_fulham_1_4833738

Ipswich Town reportedly close to signing strikers Danny Ward and Cauley Woodrow from Rotherham and Fulham

20:30 31 December 2016

Stuart Watson

Ipswich Town are reportedly close to signing strikers Danny Ward and Cauley Woodrow from fellow Championship clubs Rotherham and Fulham respectively ahead of the transfer window opening tomorrow.

Ward, 26, has scored nine goals for the rock-bottom Millers so far this season – including two in the 2-2 draw at Portman Road back in October. He is set to be out-of-contract in the summer and it’s understood a fee of around £500,000 will land him mid-season.

The Bradford-born failed to make a breakthrough at Bolton before completing a £1m switch to Huddersfield in 2011. A strong, left-sided centre-forward who has been targeted by Mick McCarthy before, he will be seen as an ideal replacement for the recently sold target man Daryl Murphy.

Town are also believed to be keen on signing Woodrow, 22, on a permanent basis rather than a loan. The former England Under-21 international dropped into non-league football with Buckhurst Hill and Luton after being released by Tottenham before joining Fulham for a six-figure fee in 2011.

The 6ft 3in striker has scored 12 goals in 28 starts and 37 substitute appearances for the Cottagers. Currently out-of-favour, his last start was in an EFL Cup tie against Bristol City back in September.

and more. One bid has been made, not by Ipswich.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/bid-for-danny-ward-plus-leeds-united-3-rotherham-united-0-match-report-and-reaction-1-8314292

Bid for Danny Ward, plus Leeds United 3 Rotherham United 0 match report and reaction

Danny Ward in action at Leeds

Paul Davis

Paul Warne underlined Rotherham United’s desire to hang on to star striker Danny Ward after the Millers’ 3-0 Championship defeat at Leeds United.

Ward has hit nine goals this season and there is already interest in him early in the January transfer window, but Warne, in caretaker charge, says the 25-year-old could be staying put.

“There has been one bid from a club - I’m not going to tell you which club - and we turned it down,” the interim boss said.

“If there was a good offer for Wardy, I still don’t think we’d accept it. The chairman doesn’t want me to sell anyone, and why would I sell my best striker?

“But everyone has got a value, everyone has got a price. It’s a good thing that clubs are being linked to our players because that means they’re doing something well. I think Wardy is doing well.”

Ipswich Town have been linked with a bid for the frontman, but Warne said: “I know categorically there has been no connection with Ipswich.

“I know their manager (Mick McCarthy) likes Wardy because I’ve spoken to him. Who wouldn’t like Wardy? I also know there has been no bid put in by Ipswich at all.”

Archived