Perspective

Nuwtfly

A bad day at the office. No need to start kicking off all over the place like the Norwich fans were doing in the first few minutes of the game. Hopefully this performances highlights the areas that we need to strengthen as we look to bounce back against Leeds! COYR!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

A bad day at the office. No need to start kicking off all over the place like the Norwich fans were doing in the first few minutes of the game. Hopefully this performances highlights the areas that we need to strengthen as we look to bounce back against Leeds! COYR!

hear hear

3 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

The winning run always had to end, whats important is how we respond.

Its a little worry that I make it 10 players injured or suspended for the next match, assuming none recover before then.

Kinda lucky it's a cup game ! Get a few youngsters in , bring timi max Elsnik in , Vernam and maybe Stabanna as we're shirt at full back . 

3 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Kinda lucky it's a cup game ! Get a few youngsters in , bring timi max Elsnik in , Vernam and maybe Stabanna as we're shirt at full back . 

Hey steady on. - I'm going to that game!

Unless you think I should send a youngster in my place....

14 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

With the squad they have, I guess the Norwich fans feel that the players have been under performing. Let's be honest we as a club have been there, only a few months ago. I would still be surprised if Norwich don't finish in the top 4, so it's not like we have lost to a poor team. The Wigan result was far more disappointing in my opinion. 

Was going to start this thread myself, you saved me the effort @Nuwtfly!

I took over the matchday threads less than 24 hrs before the Sheffield Wednesday match, purely because no else had done it.

4 games before that, there was some talk on this forum about how maybe we'd need to be relegated under Pearson, to enable us to rebuild for long term strengthening!

Almost to a man, we'd kind of accepted that to creep into the top half was the best we could expect.

Pearson went mental, and.we picked up a decent result away under Powell, a draw at current 3rd place Reading, conceding in injury time to boot, Mac came in and we beat Leeds somewhat luckily, and only lost to Huddersfield late on.

Since then, the squad have performed something of a miracle, turning in 8 wins and 2 draws, including setting a new club record of clean sheets at home.

We ran out of steam today, and for those that say we should have rested men vs Wigan, maybe we'd have lost that game instead?

We've built, recovered our league position to an extent no one on here could have predicted, players we've written off have come good, and the football has been much more enjoyable.

We've got an owner who will back the manager in the transfer window, the possibility of our best forward returning against the odds, and a manager who we know can bring in decent loans.

Not one person on here thought we'd be in anything like this position 3 months back, so quit the fookin bitchin', remember where the Blockhead left us, and properly get behind the team!

Good luck @RamsPolls in your matchday  thread starting!

You know a bunch of our fans were getting exactly what they deserved back in August and September. They love to really tear into our players and it made them happy. 

I wish we could box them up with that utter idiot Ramage and send them back there. 

Thing is, when we've played well and won half of them are silent and the other half start with the "Only x points from Newcastle"

Get some balance ffs. 

We went from Nigel Pearson to being the best team ever in the world to being disgusted we didn't smash Brum and Wigan to being ashamed of getting bear by Norwich. 

Today was a right ***** attempt. But how long ago was it that we were the lowest scorers in English and Scottish football. 

And that Craig Ramage. I know a lot of people liked him as a player but like I said the other night. Watch the first half of the Brum game and listen to what he's saying. He is not only negative but he makes stuff up to be negative about. He really flies the flag for the dummy spitters. 

Today? Really pooh. But it happens. It's happened to Brighton earlier in the season, Huddersfield, Norwich when they were doing well. 

Loads to improve on. But nobody is crap and clueless. We're a Championship team. Some people need to get to grips with that

52 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Was going to start this thread myself, you saved me the effort @Nuwtfly!

I took over the matchday threads less than 24 hrs before the Sheffield Wednesday match, purely because no else had done it.

4 games before that, there was some talk on this forum about how maybe we'd need to be relegated under Pearson, to enable us to rebuild for long term strengthening!

Almost to a man, we'd kind of accepted that to creep into the top half was the best we could expect.

Pearson went mental, and.we picked up a decent result away under Powell, a draw at current 3rd place Reading, conceding in injury time to boot, Mac came in and we beat Leeds somewhat luckily, and only lost to Huddersfield late on.

Since then, the squad have performed something of a miracle, turning in 8 wins and 2 draws, including setting a new club record of clean sheets at home.

We ran out of steam today, and for those that say we should have rested men vs Wigan, maybe we'd have lost that game instead?

We've built, recovered our league position to an extent no one on here could have predicted, players we've written off have come good, and the football has been much more enjoyable.

We've got an owner who will back the manager in the transfer window, the possibility of our best forward returning against the odds, and a manager who we know can bring in decent loans.

Not one person on here thought we'd be in anything like this position 3 months back, so quit the fookin bitchin', remember where the Blockhead left us, and properly get behind the team!

Good luck @RamsPolls in your matchday  thread starting!

Hear hear, wise words, Sir!

Archived