Bucket list.

Coneheadjohn

Apologies before I start that this is a bit miserable but I'm trying to plan a few things for my eldest lad who is 19.

Been ill for a few years now(7).Suffers with a disease that causes him to have skull based tumours.

Things have not gone well this year and he is due another major op in March.

He's a little bit limited on how much he can do but I was going to take him to Old Trafford watch Ibra etc but he says he would only want to see Derby(good lad).

He's not been for a few years now,me and middle son usually go on the East Stand.

I've been looking at hospitality but not sure it's for him.

I reckon he might like to get involved on the South Stand,not sure what to do?

Anybody with experience of VIP stuff reccomend anything?

Cheers

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds very stressful. All the best!!

Corporate question has been asked before...not sure where though. My answer was that it was nice ( got it few times through a mate) but I personally wouldn't have paid it. I'd ask the club direct though...with the stuff he's had to suffer they could maybe give you some support and get him to meet the players etc. ..good luck.

11 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

That sounds very stressful. All the best!!

Corporate question has been asked before...not sure where though. My answer was that it was nice ( got it few times through a mate) but I personally wouldn't have paid it. I'd ask the club direct though...with the stuff he's had to suffer they could maybe give you some support and get him to meet the players etc. ..good luck.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Wouldn't know where to start re the club tbh.

It has it's moments,but everyone's doing everything they can.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Thanks for the reply mate.

Wouldn't know where to start re the club tbh.

It has it's moments,but everyone's doing everything they can.

Cheers

@SLO_DCFC may be the best place to start.

Aka Jed Buxton, the club supporter liaison officer.

I'm sure he'd point you in the right direction if you PM'd him.

I've done a few corporate events I took 5 people a few weeks back if you do the Pedigree suite it's quite informal usually a few ex players knocking around and of course you still sit outside for the game.Think my invoice for the five was about £800 -£900 from memory ,good luck hope everything works out ok for your lad. 

2 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I've done a few corporate events I took 5 people a few weeks back if you do the Pedigree suite it's quite informal usually a few ex players knocking around and of course you still sit outside for the game.Think my invoice for the five was about £800 -£900 from memory ,good luck hope everything works out ok for your lad. 

Cheers?

56 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

@SLO_DCFC may be the best place to start.

Aka Jed Buxton, the club supporter liaison officer.

I'm sure he'd point you in the right direction if you PM'd him.

Jed Buxton left the day before the Forest game, Sandhurst now I believe so I'm not sure if that account will be used anymore. 

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

I made a mistake and showed the mrs this thread and made her cry.

So a big thanks from us for reading/replying.

No you done right thing to showed her this. 

25 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

No you done right thing to showed her this. 

No worries mate it's cool.This will be his 8th major op and he has minor stuff done at least once a month.This ones pretty bad so we need to try and keep his spirits up.

Some might say a trip to see the mighty rams is the last thing he needs.But if its in your blood what can you do,it might just give him a bit more fight.

Cheers for the email,i'll send them a message.Probably bring him down for Burton or Bristol city....thanks.

John

Hope you get somewhere. Be good to hear if club sorted something out. FWIW the corporate was nice - lovely meal; plush toilets, decent seats, beer waiting for you at half-time...not sure kids would appreciate it that much though.

Maybe explaining and asking club if he can meet players; get his shirt signed, have a walk on the pitch etc would resonant more...

Just read this thread. You all must be very strong characters to go living your life as best you can without trying to let things effect you. I can't offer anything I'm afraid other than my best wishes for you all and hope things work out for you all and the kid gets his superb day out at Pride Park.

Keep us posted Coneheadjohn.

I didn't do a like @coneheadjohn because how can you "like" when someone us up against it as you and your family are ?   ... I just hope you all find some comfort and good luck in the coming days and if DCFC help then that can only be a good thing. 

Thoughts, good wishes and good luck 

On 02/01/2017 at 20:34, Chester40 said:

Hope you get somewhere. Be good to hear if club sorted something out. FWIW the corporate was nice - lovely meal; plush toilets, decent seats, beer waiting for you at half-time...not sure kids would appreciate it that much though.

Maybe explaining and asking club if he can meet players; get his shirt signed, have a walk on the pitch etc would resonant more...

I'll let you know.

I started with the email today but couldn't finish it.I was a bit more involved with speaking to Queens in Birmingham....tommorow!

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just read this thread. You all must be very strong characters to go living your life as best you can without trying to let things effect you. I can't offer anything I'm afraid other than my best wishes for you all and hope things work out for you all and the kid gets his superb day out at Pride Park.

Keep us posted Coneheadjohn.

Thanks mate.

Archived