Russell and Butterfield need replacing?

FolkStar85

Both players have been good for us in the past. I actually thought Butterfield was exceptional at times last year. Nevertheless, there is no doubt both have been a shadow, if even that, of their former selves so far this season. 

I think we need to be ruthless with their positions. We need someone to come in and replace both, and someone upfront at the very least. 

We've got two number nines with 5 goals between them. Russell has one goal and no assists to his name. Butterfield has registered just one assists and no goals. It's shocking. 

Ince has done more than those four players combined this season. It's four players that should be striving to compete with Ince on their own, not as a collective. 

Here's another blinding stat for you: Conor Hourihane has the same amount of assists this season as our entire team. We're 25 games in. We need a lot more from so, so many players. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need match winners all the way across the front three, so for that reason Russell needs replacing!

I wouldn't replace butterfield though because if we can't keep hold of Hughes then he'll be the best fit to replace him, with Bryson or Lansbury coming in next to him.

Archived