Is Mel starting to vanish into the shadows? And do we all like him now?

Duracell

Has your opinion of our owner changed over the past couple of months?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

Mel killed his frog.

Still waiting for every post since Pearson left to be quoted...... struggling to back up your claim every single one has been negative from me..... 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

It's to me more than anything. Will admit it's weird, but everytime I see him speak, or what he's said to you guys or any forum..... I see a lot of how I used to be with people in him. 

I know it's a daft way of thinking. 

Nah, fair enough. 

20 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Still waiting for every post since Pearson left to be quoted...... struggling to back up your claim every single one has been negative from me..... 

Well, seeing as I'm not a stalker I couldn't categorically say with any confidence that ALL of your posts are exceedingly negative - but by gum, you certainly come across as having a dislike of Mel Morris that amounts to something approaching paranoia.

1 hour ago, Mafiabob said:

It's to me more than anything. Will admit it's weird, but everytime I see him speak, or what he's said to you guys or any forum..... I see a lot of how I used to be with people in him. 

I know it's a daft way of thinking. 

That's fair enough, at least you give your reasons.

Only met him once and if I'm honest I don't think he's the sort of person I like, based on one moment from breakfast club.

However, all I am really bothered about is what he has planned for the club and I have absolutely no concern over his intentions for the club, regardless of what his motives are.

5 hours ago, jono said:

I have the highest regard for him. Unlike the many wide boys this game attracts, he always speaks with a calm measured tone in public, puts his money on the line for the club and while undoubtably the Boss he clearly works and consults with his executive team rather than rule by decree. (Well that's my impression anyway)

I like his long headed view, investing in infrastructure and so on. I think he has learned that going in to the dressing room might not be the best idea but he is human and a fan so what would we all have done ? 

Anything that went wrong re Clement and Pearson, went wrong because he was trying to do something to improve us. Not every strategic decision in business comes off. Not withstanding his huge affection for the club I also think he remains a business man and is engaged in a long haul gamble. Get to the Prem and he gets his money back having had a fantastic time doing it ... Why wouldn't you if you can afford it.

Thanks Mel, one of our own 

Lots of sensible posts on this thread.

I will go along with this as saying what I was thinking near enough(lazy by me).

I've always been a supporter of Mell and I've seen where he's coming from when, with hindsight, mistakes have been made. I can also understand people complaining about these decisions. 

What really annoys me is the comparisons with the likes of Fawaz! If Mell owned forest, he may have made the same mistakes he has made with us, but he would have bought their ground off the council and spent money on improving it, he would have invested in their academy. Despite his money, has Fawaz done anything bar sticking plaster at forest? 

What evidence is there that Fawaz has any true feelings for his club and that it's not just a play thing? 

Mel... What a guy!  

We may be looking at Mel's plan to get more cash for all the EFL teams start to come to fruition. He is probably the only guy who could pull it off. 'Premier Division 2' equivalent on the way over the next five years? £29 for a ticket is too much money in my opinion. Too much money going to the players. Looks like the Chinese are gazumping the Premier League teams

17 minutes ago, Duracell said:

What option would you like to have? Knew I hadn't included enough...

Maybe something like "No, he's still ok" or just "No"? The no option you have tags on a thing about opinions not changing for the better yet, but there's nothing to choose to say something in between blind adoration of MM and the skeptical need for more good results before an opinion changes for the better. I think I'm in that middle ground. My opinion of him is pretty good, and has remained pretty good.

Not read owt on this topic so far due to being at work 1400-2100 and drinking profusely from 2100-0000, so apologies if its already been said.

I believe Mel knew he couldn't run DCFC like his other businesses. He took advice and appointed PC, an up and coming Coach who had served an impressive apprenticeship, on the face of it, a fantastic decision. After that didn't work out he went for someone who was tried and trusted in NP, again, really difficult to argue against, on paper at least, two sound decisions.

Why it all went Pete Tong with PC and NP is not important know, **** happens, but what i like most about MM is that he went back to SM, someone he'd sacked, swallowed his pride and gave him the job of managing HIS club. Lets not feck about here, its Mel's club. He owns it. He could have thought "i'm not having him back after the Newcastle fuckwittery", but he did.

Mel has stepped back, he is concentrating on the long term stability and success of DCFC and allowing his employees to manage his short term ambitions.

Takes a big man to admit he's fecked up and re-appoint some one he's sacked. 

He's now looking at the set up of the Football League's financial agreements with the clubs under their umbrella, he'll end up running the show, no doubt about it. That's what MM does.

DCFC will be in safe hands with MM in control. He tried to live the dream, being pally with the players, being at Moor Farm every day, basking in the spotlight....in my not itk opinion, i think he's learned very quickly that he can't do all the nice stuff, he's got to take a back seat and do the important stuff.

We'll judge him on the years he runs Derby County. If we end up a mid table prem club then Mel will be remembered as the man who made it happen. If we don't, at least he tried his best and gave his all for the club he supported as a kid.

Archived