Paul Clement

Ramz64

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

It's Paul Clement, maybe other sports would be a better fit?

Like Patience?

Or Monopoly.

Got to go around the whole pitch once before you can actually start playing, and you could go around several times without getting a Chance.

You spend money whenever you get the opportunity without any real thought as to whether you need the asset, in the faint hope that it'll come good by sheer luck alone.

Crucially, you can cheat when your family aren't looking*

*in reference to the board game alone. Also "allegedly".

36 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Or Monopoly.

Got to go around the whole pitch once before you can actually start playing, and you could go around several times without getting a Chance.

You spend money whenever you get the opportunity without any real thought as to whether you need the asset, in the faint hope that it'll come good by sheer luck alone.

Crucially, you can cheat when your family aren't looking*

*in reference to the board game alone. Also "allegedly".

You forgot the get out of jail card, your mate Carlo will bail you out with.

It would be a silly move for Swansea to make in my opinion. I'm not saying PC is a bad manager and couldn't keep them up, but he's still unproven as a manager, let alone as a manager in the PL. Swansea simply cannot afford to be taking risks on managers in their position. They tried it with Bob Bradley and quickly realised that was a big mistake. Why take another risk? If this one doesn't pay off it may be too later to keep them up. They need someone with PL experience then worry about any more risky appointments for when the season is over and everyone starts on 0 points again.

Someone like Allardyce would have been perfect for Swansea simply to give them the best chance of survival. When you look at the list of odds of the more likely managers to get the job, then there aren't many options that aren't risks. Clement, Rowett, Coleman, Giggs... it could pay off for them, but I think Wales will be Premier League club-less once again in a few months.

If Swansea simply go for a "keep them up at all costs" manager then they've lost everything in terms of the club ethos they built up so impressively over recent seasons. Clement would suit the Swansea way far better than the Derby way and if they go down playing in that style they can come up aso playing in that style. I reckon he'd be a good appointment for them.

8 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If Swansea simply go for a "keep them up at all costs" manager then they've lost everything in terms of the club ethos they built up so impressively over recent seasons. Clement would suit the Swansea way far better than the Derby way and if they go down playing in that style they can come up aso playing in that style. I reckon he'd be a good appointment for them.

It could be very good for them longer term, he would fit that Swansea "continental" ethos. But its almost only makes sense if they are going for the "we've budgeted against relegation and you get this season and next to build" approach, but getting back is never easy.

Norwich and Villa are hardly nailed on to go back up, and the premier league seems to be getting along just fine without Villa....

I'd give it to Rowett.  Of course he hasn't managed in the Prem, but anybody who could turn around Birmingham the way he did, having lost 8-0 the game before he took over, knows how to motivate and organise a team.  Clement had a much easier task with us, in fact his performance considering the resources he was given, was just about par...

6 minutes ago, Harrowram said:

The managers at Newcastle,Brighton Leeds, Reading, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield would all be good candidates for the Swansea job. Rowett's only experience has been at clubs with no money and no expectation. He would therefore be better suited to Forest.

No expectation at Forest?

If they can't deliver a third star in 3 months, they're out.

6 hours ago, Harrowram said:

The managers at Newcastle,Brighton Leeds, Reading, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield would all be good candidates for the Swansea job. Rowett's only experience has been at clubs with no money and no expectation. He would therefore be better suited to Forest.

And the bloke at Derby? :ph34r:

On 30/12/2016 at 00:44, Carl Sagan said:

He'd probably benefit from his sacking with us too.

"No, seriously, stick to The Swansea Way or you're sacked."

Archived