Leon Osman

DEL

Was on goals on Sunday a few weeks back, seems happy enough in retirement, doing some youth team coaching at Everton and didn't seem in any rush to get back playing.

Wouldn't disturb his family to play elsewhere, I think we can safely put this one to bed, especially as he wouldn't improve us in any area!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

He kept us up practically single-handed during his loan spell here..played so well Moyes had him back and he's been a good servant at Goodison ever since.

He'd always be welcome here.

He's too old.

11 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

I wasn't talking about signing him.

Ok but easy mistake for me to make as this is the the transfer rumours forum

Saw him interviewed the other day - when asked about being out of the game at the moment, he stated that he was enjoying it (and no "but I'd like to get back playing" added on) - simply that he was enjoying being away from the game and doing a bit of media work. That to me is someone who's lost the hunger to play and therefore we don't want him.....

I wouldn't say no. We could use an extra midfield body and a bit of experience for the next few months if we aren't signing anyone notable. Long as he has some legs (and he didn't look too bad when I saw him last season) I think hes the kind of player to help us both see out and chase games as needed. Can't do much worse than Bryson at the moment.

1 hour ago, Derbylad92 said:

i would offer him him the chance to come back but point out to him that hes not gonna be first choice but offer him a youth coaching roll + the chance for still playing 

Youth coaching role? Those posts should be amongst the most important jobs at the club, not something that's dished out like sweets to entice an ageing player to come to us, no matter how good he was.

was an excellent  addition  to our side back in 2004  ,   Possibly   saved us from relegation    in his 17 games for us    . Always liked him   and show immense  attributes ...but at 35  years of age  now    i wish him well in his plight to find a new club  should he want one  ...   would have loved him back   had he been 29   ...   but 36  in May    coudnt imagine  why Derby would want him   

Archived