Arthur on RD

ilkleyram

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, swanny said:

nice shot of Steve McClaren on the second video too. 

I'd agree we need a second interview with Arthur, but then what about an interview or two with the Bald Eagle? that would be awesome 

went to the evening with Jim Smith a few years ago, it was awesome, the red wine was flowing and he was on top form, very funny man and very straight talking, love him !

i-phone photo's 194.JPG

On 5.1.2017 at 18:56, SamUltraRam said:

I've just added one or two YouTube vids that include brief Arthur Cox interviews

"Yes, but no chips Tony" - classic

Great stuff, never seen these before.

Infact I dont think ive ever heard a radio or TV interview with any rams players from that era :)

Arthur Cox, or King Arthur as we used to call him on the terraces, is up there with Clough senior, Mackay and the Bald Eagle as one the great Derby County managers in my opinion.

Old school, straight forward, tough, strict and a believer in good honest hard graft, a man of the people... after those dark days of the early to mid eighties, to take the club by the scruff of the neck and  propel us from the 3rd Division to 5th place in Division 1 in successive seasons...as fans we worshipped the man.

He also gave us Bobby Davison, Saunders and Goddard, the Tin Man, ooh Mark Wright and Shilton, Micklewhite and Callaghan, away wins at Old Trafford, Highbury and White Hart Lane... happy days.

Archived