Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve hasn't exactly denied the interest in Lansbury:

When asked about the Lansbury 'transfer talk', McClaren gave little away when he said: "His is one a number of names being bandied about at the moment and I think the thing that has alerted all the clubs to Lansbury is I think he's out of contract in the summer."

On the speculation, McClaren added: "I have heard so many clubs are after him. We are only across the road and so we are bound to be one of them."

Lansbury has scored six goals in 19 appearances this season and was recently named Sky Bet Championship player of the month for November.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/what-derby-county-boss-steve-mcclaren-said-when-asked-about-the-lansbury-transfer-talk/story-30018768-detail/story.html#b1hk6VkGJfF6KXHe.99

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

Steve hasn't exactly denied the interest in Lansbury:

When asked about the Lansbury 'transfer talk', McClaren gave little away when he said: "His is one a number of names being bandied about at the moment and I think the thing that has alerted all the clubs to Lansbury is I think he's out of contract in the summer."

On the speculation, McClaren added: "I have heard so many clubs are after him. We are only across the road and so we are bound to be one of them."

Lansbury has scored six goals in 19 appearances this season and was recently named Sky Bet Championship player of the month for November.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/what-derby-county-boss-steve-mcclaren-said-when-asked-about-the-lansbury-transfer-talk/story-30018768-detail/story.html#b1hk6VkGJfF6KXHe.99

Saw that as well, pretty much admitted interest in a roundabout way

3 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Not unless we've done a sponsorship deal with Pukka Pies.

Not fussed about Lansbury either, too playboy for me but if Mac thinks he'd do the job, I'd back his judgement as always.

We'll pin him down, shave his head and make him wear black boots. It's the Derby way.

8 minutes ago, TopRam said:

The fact he writes for the Sun rules me out from believing 

Rhodes bit was from the article earlier on which is he may have used that. 

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I remember Nixon last Jan saying we were going to sign Charlie Austin and were willing to pay 15 million for him.

Weeks later he signed for Southampton for 4 million quid.

After that I stopped believing rumours.

He also said Liam Bridcutt deal done and never happened lol. 

1 minute ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Also said we were certain to sign Diego Poyet

Haha that player quickly to confirmed that the reports false fair play to him though. 

Lansbury is the type of signing I wanted under Pearson. 

Someone who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward.

He may not be consistent every week, but he wins games when he performs. I'd say he's got more about him than our other midfielders other than Hughes and Thorne.

I'd be very happy with this signing. 

Archived