Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Warren Hobhead said:

With Hughes rejecting his latest contract offer, Thorne out for the season, it makes sense to me that we'd be looking for additions. Proactive not reactive. 

I sense a very interesting January.

The club and Hughes talks are ongoing for Hughes contract which is will be sorted in time according Mac. 

8 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

The club and Hughes talks are ongoing for Hughes contract which is will be sorted in time according Mac. 

They are ongoing mate. The club keep offering him deals and he rejects them. And in time it will be sorted. He will sign or be sold. 

If we are looking at other midfielders then that suggests to me we are doing the right thing. I love Hughesy but there comes a point I imagine where the club will hit a ceiling in terms of what they can offer and will take another clubs offer for his services. If he enters next season with a year only to run on his deal, his value will diminish big time. We could be compensated of course, but not to the extent of his current value.

Interesting January. Fingers crossed he eventually signs another contract.

Just offer him a one year extension & have gentleman's agreement with him.

if we go up, have a season with us in the prem then if he does well in the prem agree to let him go after a season.

It would suit everyone, if he has a good season in the prem you can potentially double the 15mil valuation & it gives him experiance and puts him in the shop window for a better club than Everton 

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Lansbury is the type of signing I wanted under Pearson. 

Someone who will grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drive us forward.

He may not be consistent every week, but he wins games when he performs. I'd say he's got more about him than our other midfielders other than Hughes and Thorne.

I'd be very happy with this signing. 

So he's like Butterfield when he's got his shooting boots on then???

I don't want that cheating hipster feck anywhere near this club.  If he'd lived up to the hype when those up the road signed him he'd have been back in the Prem with a bottom half side.  Flat track bully...

Watford are going head to head with Newcastle United in the scramble to sign Henri Lansbury in a cut-price deal from Nottingham Forest, we can reveal.

Lansbury has been given permission by Forest to talk to the Hornets and the Magpies, and it is our understanding Watford have already held discussions with the 26-year-old midfielder. Gino Pozzo, Scott Duxbury and technical director Filippo Giraldi will hope to have persuaded the former Arsenal man that an immediate return to the Premier League is more attractive than another six months in the Championship, albeit playing in front of 50,000 fans and working under Rafa Benitez. Derby County and Birmingham City are also chasing his signature but we understand Lansbury’s options have been whittled down to two.

http://www.wdsport.co.uk/2016/12/watford-in-the-hunt-for-henri-lansbury/

1 hour ago, KBB said:

Stopped reading after being linked with Newcastle in the same article.

The reporter from Newcastle tweeted and said not in for Lansbury.

3 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Just us then.

Welcome to Derby Mr Lansbury, Mr Burns is happy living here, you should meet up for a Bitter Lemon at Park Farm cafe.

Watford?

2 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Nah, let's have him, it'd be hilarious to watch the dogs go into meltdown

They would have to back peddle more than we would.

we would have to go from "diving, cheating, long haired to55er", to, "always rated him as one of the best midfielders in this division"

they would have to go from "best player we have, miss him when he doesn't play", to, "overrated, doesn't boss games, too lightweight, never rated him that highly"

if we sign him, eventually the forest fans will have convinced themselves that we have signed their worst player and given him £60k a week (just wait for the wages they "know for a fact" we will have given him)

8 minutes ago, KBB said:

They would have to back peddle more than we would.

we would have to go from "diving, cheating, long haired to55er", to, "always rated him as one of the best midfielders in this division"

they would have to go from "best player we have, miss him when he doesn't play", to, "overrated, doesn't boss games, too lightweight, never rated him that highly"

if we sign him, eventually the forest fans will have convinced themselves that we have signed their worst player and given him £60k a week (just wait for the wages they "know for a fact" we will have given him)

We're ok.  They let us get Will for nothing.

(just don't mention Nathan Tyson.)

As for Lansbury, he is all of things you have written above...

Archived