George Michael has died

eddie

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

Unbelievable, the thread that was friendless in the market wins out, and gets retitled to boot.

Yeah but on the positive side, the needless remark about starting a fourth thread has been binned, if the author had looked at the times of the other three, he might have noticed all three were posted within a minute of each other.

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Yeah but on the positive side, the needless remark about starting a fourth thread has been binned, if the author had looked at the times of the other three, he might have noticed all three were posted within a minute of each other. 

Easy done to misjudge things on a forum, I should know!

Btw editing posts is really hard since the latest update.

4 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I am shocked and saddened.

He was enormously talented both as a singer and songwriter but struggled with fame. 

Whenever he was interviewed he always seemed very honest and witty. He could send himself up too and I remember laughing at his performance in Extras.

For me, possibly the saddest celebrity death in 2016.

2016 is the new normal. The boom in stars in TV, film and music from the 1960s onwards means there's a bigger pool of public figures that are well-known than ever before, and we're at the point now where their lifestyles are catching up with them. 

It's sad, but unfortunately, these public figures aren't immortal.

53. No age.

1 hour ago, LesterRam said:

Terrible news, surely dying on Christmas day this must be regarded as suspicious, 2016 has been an awful year for talented musicians.

I hope it's not suspicious. He had a history of health problems and there is a big risk of death at this time of year with winter bugs. Anyway sorry to see him go. 

56 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

As I can't say it better, I'll borrow Madonna's words:

**** off 2016

I'm waiting til it's all over and then it will be time for one great big ***** off , in fact I think I will be flicking v signs throughout New Years eve. 

Gutted. Loved his music in the 80's, still love it now, I was looking forward to his new album release next year and his documentary film. 

But I really hope he found some sort of peace before he died, from his interviews over the years he's sounded very troubled, and keeping the fact that he was gay for years did him no good at all. Don't suppose it matters how much money you have does it, you can still have demons. 

Anyway, RIP George, another brilliant talent leaves us, but look what he left us, some bloody great music! X

18 hours ago, EastHertsRam said:

Died peacefully at home according to his publicist, although the BBC are reporting an ambulance was called to his home in Oxfordshire this afternoon. They also report the police say there are no suspicious circumstances. 

I wonder if the poor bloke had cancer or something. 

His publicist has stated heart failure, no mention of anything else or added complications. 

I think people found it weird that police were called - but I'm sure they have to be in cases of sudden death?

21 minutes ago, ladyram said:

His publicist has stated heart failure, no mention of anything else or added complications. 

I think people found it weird that police were called - but I'm sure they have to be in cases of sudden death?

Heart failure in the sense that it stopped?

Archived