X-mas...anything annoying you yet?

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mariah Carey annoys me every single year with the most obnoxious Christmas song ever created, although she's been run mightily close this time by Christina Aguilera's utterly insufferable rendition of the classic Christmas rape anthem "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

The fact that 2016 has still got a week to go fills me with dread. How many more brilliant musicians will it take?

Note, 2016 - you can still redeem yourself a little by paying close attention to Justin Bieber.

7 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

That's really sad.

Aye, I was a teenager when Quo were at their best and while I wouldn't put them in the same bracket as Floyd and Zeppelin, their music was the kind of stuff I wanted to play the drums to, head down, no nonsense pop that was fun to play. Oh well, I suppose they are all getting to that age when the mind's still on the case but the body ain't.

But getting back to Christmas and what annoys me is trying to get the back off those foil starry bows you attach to presents to give them a finishing touch, does my nut in.

4 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm banned from doing that due to poor wrapping performance previous years.

Yes, it is only for show. She knows exactly what I've got her, but they still have to be wrapped because we traditionally have a family 'prezzy unwrapping session' tomorrow. So everything has to be carted up to Sheffield, then the grand unwrapping, then noms, then home again in the evening - and then and only then shall I open my de-stresser - a bottle of Westvleteren XII.

14 minutes ago, eddie said:

Yes, it is only for show. She knows exactly what I've got her, but they still have to be wrapped because we traditionally have a family 'prezzy unwrapping session' tomorrow. So everything has to be carted up to Sheffield, then the grand unwrapping, then noms, then home again in the evening - and then and only then shall I open my de-stresser - a bottle of Westvleteren XII.

Bet you'll be ready for a bottle!

I'm Sheffield-Ashbourne and back twice tommorow and I reckon I will be in need of several bottles of something at the end.

3 hours ago, Anon said:

Mariah Carey annoys me every single year with the most obnoxious Christmas song ever created, although she's been run mightily close this time by Christina Aguilera's utterly insufferable rendition of the classic Christmas rape anthem "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

Just read the lyrics. She wanted it really. 

33 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is it bottle shaped? Or hot vegetable derived??

Happy xmas mr and Mrs eddie

One was bottle-shaped. One was new fur-lined boots-shaped (fake fur, I hasten to add). Others were bath salts and pongy stuff-shaped etc.

Happy Christmas to you and all those around you who keep you on the straight and narrow.

44 minutes ago, eddie said:

One was bottle-shaped. One was new fur-lined boots-shaped (fake fur, I hasten to add). Others were bath salts and pongy stuff-shaped etc.

Happy Christmas to you and all those around you who keep you on the straight and narrow.

If she keeps me on the narrow, I'll be happy. ?

4 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Sounds very nice.

Well it does in a facebooky kind of way. But it's no better or worse than everyone elses really. Like life I suppose.  

Archived