Jonjo Shelvey

unclej

14 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Fair enough! What makes you think he's over rated if you don't mind me asking? 

Even in the premier league I thought he was brilliant for Swansea.

I'm a dinosaur. IMO playmakers are classy gentleman, who wears black boots and tackles hard during being spectacular. Shelvey is a good Championship player, bit like poor like poor man's Thorne. Occasionally he can make perfect pass, but most of the time he is... not sure which word would describe him best... angular? Hard one if you try to encapsulate him to one word. (And is that even word to describe footballer?) If you are defensive playmaker, you should be jack of all trades who can read the game. Shelvey's is nothing like that IMO.

I have to turn this question around, what makes you think he is so special? If Tiote wouldn't have his personal war with manager, he'd be perfect for them.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

I'm a dinosaur. IMO playmakers are classy gentleman, who wears black boots and tackles hard during being spectacular. Shelvey is a good Championship player, bit like poor like poor man's Thorne. Occasionally he can make perfect pass, but most of the time he is... not sure which word would describe him best... angular? Hard one if you try to encapsulate him to one word. (And is that even word to describe footballer?) If you are defensive playmaker, you should be jack of all trades who can read the game. Shelvey's is nothing like that IMO.

I have to turn this question around, what makes you think he is so special? If Tiote wouldn't have his personal war with manager, he'd be perfect for them.

I wouldn't say he's a poor man's Thorne. I'd say it's a bit like Pirlo and Alonso.

One will run you game and provide balance through their defensive capabilities allowing you to have a more attacking player along side him.

One will run you a game and create chances but isn't great defensively and needs somebody to do the dirty work allowing him freedom.

George can do everything Shelvey can do just not as well. Shelvey can't do everything George can do.

Shelvey is good though. Just needs accommodating more.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

He reads the game well, he never wastes possession, his shooting and passing are both well above average. The only thing stopping him moving on to the next level is a lack of composure and poor temperament. 

I really enjoy watching him play. 

Archived