Palace appoint Allardyce

Day

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Palace have a squad that have badly underperformed in my opinion but it is a squad including some good footballers.  I think they had a choice between a relatively low risk survival through functional football option with Allardyce or a slightly riskier option of getting a manager in who can play to the strengths of the squad and take them to the next level.

9 hours ago, eddie said:

Younger than me for a start.

Yes but have you had your snout in the trough for the last 25 years? Hasnt allardyce earned enough dough by now?

Pardew slightly hard done by? Out of the last 6 games he's played and only lost by a goal to Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. The other 3 games picked up 5pts.

Hennessey to Benteke will be great to watch for Palace fans...

50 minutes ago, David said:

Pardew slightly hard done by? Out of the last 6 games he's played and only lost by a goal to Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd. The other 3 games picked up 5pts.

For once I disagree. He's deserved this for ages. No club in the top 5 divisions of English football earned fewer points in 2016. Pardews palace were 92nd out of 92 in that respect. That's a whole year of awful form even taking into account the 5/6 extra games some clubs have had due to league differences. 

Allardyce isn't a one trick pony - bought and incorporated flare players into his sides in the past. All he does is make the defence solid and uses statistics to say that the more crosses teams put in, the more goals they score. Let's instruct my team to get the ball into the box regularly. Not a daft idealogy to go with and if it was archaic surely he'd be ineffective as a manager by now?

What does it say about the state of the game that someone who essentially offered to break the rules just waltzes back into lucrative employment. 

I was hoping that the next I read about BFS was an fa enquiry rather than his big beaming potato head. 

Still,  if he's boring palace fans to death at least he's not inflicting his style on the national team.

Will do a decent job at Palace. No doubt about that. I'd hoped football chairmen would have some dignity and morality than to appoint an untrustworthy man clearly bereft of principles but football isn't like that anymore.

It's about good business and money.

Blokes like Allardyce will always get offers in the game because it's morally bankrupt.

I find that sad.

3 hours ago, David said:

They've only won six games all calendar year and Pardew sides are notorious for being worse in the second half of the season… 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived