Rob Mackenzie encouraged us to sign Klose

David

"These are the types of things that become particularly important as players get older and their risk of injury increases. Miroslav Klose is someone whose record shows that he could be relied upon - he played at least 30 games for club and country for 16 consecutive seasons. That impresses scouts.

"I encouraged both Leicester and Derby to sign him. We wanted him at Leicester upon promotion in 2014 and he went on to score 16 for Lazio that year. He decided to retire in November 2016, but if he'd joined us at Derby instead his record suggests that he could have still contributed."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10703360/the-changing-face-of-scouting-anticipating-decline-in-performance

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been interesting.

sometimes players find "new legs" like Jeff Jenna and Ian Taylor and go on for a couple more seasons when thy looked finished years before.

his signing would certainly have grabbed a few headlines.

Would have been an excellent signing IMO, I always feel that having a big name experienced player in the squad often helps with the mentality of players within the team. A proper professional like klose who has been there and achieved huge things throughout his career will surely give the rest of the squad a confidence boost by having him around in training, the dressing room etc, and would I believe give the team the strength and charecter to get out of this division

Wow, scout recommends signing top German international forward (well at least five years ago)

may I recommend that we sign top Brazilian forward or maybe a top Argentinian forward or maybe an Italian 

my point being that we could all recommend them sort, let the scouts come up with the sort that is hiding at port vale or Exeter etc.

2 hours ago, KBB said:

Would have been interesting.

sometimes players find "new legs" like Jeff Jenna and Ian Taylor and go on for a couple more seasons when thy looked finished years before.

his signing would certainly have grabbed a few headlines.

Someone has been googling another famous Jenna...... ?

'Mel...its Rob. I've got a little tip for you...could be available in the summer and I know you need a few goals. Name is Greizeman'. 

'The £100million rated, Man United target and French international ???'

'Not interested? Well when he rips up the Premier League don't say I didn't warn you..'

Click.

'Mel, Mel ?...no helping some people'

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Wow, scout recommends signing top German international forward (well at least five years ago)

may I recommend that we sign top Brazilian forward or maybe a top Argentinian forward or maybe an Italian 

my point being that we could all recommend them sort, let the scouts come up with the sort that is hiding at port vale or Exeter etc.

Absolutely, this bloke calls himself a scout and has spent the last few years recommending a top German international, brilliant.

Archived