Will Derby make the playoffs and can they win them.

Curtains

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Present form under SM suggest we are as good as anyone else in this division and capable of beating most,Newcastle and Brighton obviously most consistent and the only two i would have concerns about if meeting in the play offs,however looks like they will both secure automatic promotion. Play offs should be expected and then it s pot luck who is best inform .

Quite literally anything is still possible Derby can still finish anywhere between 1-24 in the champ. I think we're certainly top 10. Probably top 8. Strong contenders for top 6. A lot will come down to injuries and temperament. If we excel in games against our top 6 rivals then we're in a strong position.

Once in the playoffs anything can happen.  We've been there 2 out of 3 seasons with much of the core squad in place. It's a lottery but we have the ability.

That said we could go all Nigel Pearson and get kicked in the balls by an ostrich...

Glenn Murray was a great signing for them. Add that to what they had last year, they havent changed too many players, if any, same manager etc. I can see them coasting to top 2.

For Derby, we just need to do enough to stay in positions 3 - 6. Which place exactly we finish in is irrelevant.

Any of the teams in the playoffs can win it. Its a knockout tournament all of its own.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Glenn Murray was a great signing for them. Add that to what they had last year, they havent changed too many players, if any, same manager etc. I can see them coasting to top 2.

For Derby, we just need to do enough to stay in positions 3 - 6. Which place exactly we finish in is irrelevant.

Any of the teams in the playoffs can win it. Its a knockout tournament all of its own.

The new Crystal Palace manager might want him back ?

On 20/12/2016 at 20:32, McLovin said:

Pfft half fan, I've already booked my hotel in Liverpool for next year when we play them in the prem.

I've gone one further and booked my hotel in Bulgaria in 2018 for when we draw Ludogorets in the Champions League.

What's the matter? Don't you believe in Derby County, half fan? 

Archived