Will Derby make the playoffs and can they win them.

Curtains

Can we make the play offs? Yes, no problems. Will we win them? With a bit of luck yes, I feel this is the season we will succeed, and why not be positive, I for one will be enjoying the ride, because when we do go up, it will all be about staying in the premiership, and hoping for a top half finish, at best.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone can predict what will happen in May kindly share this weeks lottery numbers with us all as well.

Wouldn't rule anyone up to say Forest in 17th out of the play offs or winning them, only 10pts behind us and we've have just proven how quickly you can fly up the table with a little run.

January transfer window as well in a couple weeks, money will be spent and clubs will strengthen

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Newcastle and Brighton for top two

Playoffs between Reading, Derby, Fulham, Sheff Wed, Leeds, Huddersfield, Villa and Norwich

If I had to choose four now I'd go for Derby, Sheff Wed, Leeds and Reading.

I agree with your contenders for the play offs. I wouldn't rule out either norwich or villa as often relegated teams come good after an initial struggle to adjust to the championship. 

It's really difficult to say. If things stay the same, then sure, why not?

but if we lose any of Ince, Hughes, Johnson or Keogh for any significant amount of time, then we could hit the buffers.

but if we keep fit and firing and also get a certain Mr Thorne back fit and competing for a place, as well as Chris Martin or someone who can do what he does and knocks in 15 goals in the 2nd half of the season...then hell yeah.

actually winning the play offs is often down to luck tho. 

I still think that both Brighton and toon can't keep this pace up for 5 months solid, so one of them might drop off the pace.

Of course we CAN finish in playoffs. It's far from certain that we WILL however. 

Still lots of room for improvement and for us to get back to our imperious best.

We've had some good fortune in games recently - if the rub of the green turns against us then who knows?

I'd like to see us on a clear upward trajectory if we really are thinking promotion . We need to be ready for that step -change in difficulty in case we are successful. 

It's gonna be difficult this year, a lot of the other side's seem to have caught up with us and I put that down to our recruitment more than anything...losing key players like Martin and Hendrick, plus Thorne though injury, and not really replacing them.

Reaching the play off's would be some achievement this year, given the size and quality of some of the other clubs in the mix, but I believe we can do it. DCFC are still a match for anybody in this league.

Of course we'll probably blow it again....!

Archived