New Years Resolutions

Bridgford Ram

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the smoking has stopped but I toyed with the idea of having a dry January, had a word with myself and then changed it to no drinking on "school nights".

I knew I'd stuffed myself & drunk too much (and not been to the gym) over the holiday but didn't expect it to be to the tune of +8lbs, as per my bathroom scales this morning. Ouch.

Sith Happens
7 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Well the smoking has stopped but I toyed with the idea of having a dry January, had a word with myself and then changed it to no drinking on "school nights".

I knew I'd stuffed myself & drunk too much (and not been to the gym) over the holiday but didn't expect it to be to the tune of +8lbs, as per my bathroom scales this morning. Ouch.

I have done dry January twice and it wasn't that bad, it helps if you have someone doing it with you and also for charity so you can't not do it once you commit. I'm the same this year just going to have a drink at weekend, at least that's the plan

On 12/20/2016 at 09:14, Bridgford Ram said:

I've had some success with New Year resolutions over the last few years - losing nearly 4 stone, running a couple of half marathons amongst some of my successes.  With this in mind I have already got 4 resolutions for this year lined up.

1. Run 1,000 miles in 2017

2. Read a book by a new author each month

3. See more of my Dad.

4. Send my plot idea for an established TV series to a production company

Are you setting resolutions?

Bar No 2, I should make these my own.  Tried to run 1000 miles last year but my body let me down on numerous occasions, will have to stick with getting as near as I can.

12 hours ago, Gritters said:

I packed in the fags a while back but couldn't put the ecig down so I've decided to give up the ecig. Two full days now and it's driving me potty. I feel like something is missing but I'm not sure what. It's doing my head in I hope tomorrow is better. 

Isn't it 4 days to get over the nicotine withdrawal or something. After that it's just the habit of it. Keep on it fella :thumbsup:

20 hours ago, Gritters said:

I packed in the fags a while back but couldn't put the ecig down so I've decided to give up the ecig. Two full days now and it's driving me potty. I feel like something is missing but I'm not sure what. It's doing my head in I hope tomorrow is better. 

Google fidget cube and get yourself one, will keep your hands busy.  I keep meaning to order one so I'm not on my phone all the time...

10 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Isn't it 4 days to get over the nicotine withdrawal or something. After that it's just the habit of it. Keep on it fella :thumbsup:

I once spent 10 weeks in hospital so didnt have a fag once. When i came out went to the pub and after 2 pints i was gagging bigtine.had to scrounge one off someone and oh my that fag was one of the best experiences in my life. Needless to say a decade later and i still cant have a drink without one. Not too bothered at other times. Prob only have 10 a week these days.

3 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

I once spent 10 weeks in hospital so didnt have a fag once. When i came out went to the pub and after 2 pints i was gagging bigtine.had to scrounge one off someone and oh my that fag was one of the best experiences in my life. Needless to say a decade later and i still cant have a drink without one. Not too bothered at other times. Prob only have 10 a week these days.

I read that less than 5 a day has no discernable affect on health anyway.

Sith Happens
5 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I read that less than 5 a day has no discernable affect on health anyway.

Was that in the same place it says Fawaz is the greatest chairman football has ever known?

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Was that in the same place it says Fawaz is the greatest chairman football has ever known?

Possibly.

He may yet turn out that way, if the gumps start next season in the Toolstation North League, or whatever it's called nowadays.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived