Clough and Burton

Ramz64

Burton are starting to FAFF me off now in this division .. 

Nice bright start ... All shiny and new to this tier..

but now they're giving XMAS prezzies to ALL our play off rivals .. 

And will continue with New year prezzies too .. 

I dread any of the top 8 playing them now.

They are heading out of this division..

Sinking faster than Kenny Burns in a Jacuzzi on 3 bottles of Blue Nun.

I reckon ower Nige will be sacked before the crocus' start shooting up end of Feb.. 

Watch this space. 

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ramz64 said:

I reckon ower Nige will be sacked before the crocus' start shooting up end of Feb.. 

Watch this space. 

why would they sack him? massively over achieved on a low budget good sensible chairman

2 hours ago, AndyB said:

Burton will do well to stay up, they're not a Championship club and they've done amazingly well to get here. I would be very surprised if Clough was sacked.

Ben Robinson had Clough Manager for 10 years last time around, the o.p has either underestimated his likely loyalty to our Nige or a nice new fishing rod to play with.

IF they go down Clough will just be asked to have another go getting them up

17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Pushed Newcastle all the way yesterday.

Heard that they are actually playing quite well but are struggling for goals again.

Yeah so they say, they said the same about MK Dons last season, played good football but just never seemed to get wins over the line.

No surprise to see them where they are but I also expected them to be doing slightly better especially after the start they had, overachieve if you like....mid table.

Regardless of what happens this season they won't get rid of Nigel, would need some major bust up behind the scenes for that to happen.

Or Ben Robinson gets sick of hearing how other clubs have had millions to spend after every game and reminded just how small they are.

They're doing fantastic to be where they are and should be higher, they lack a striker which was clear from the outset, Chris O'Grady is a setup striker with just Ward and an old Lloyd Dyer behind him. A finisher and some midfield reinforcement will give them a better shot of surviving. 

They're doing well, it's a league one squad, no surprise in their performances, I expected them to be worse. 

It's classic Clough though isn't it? They'd probably have 9 more points min if he'd bin of Grady up front. Guy hasn't scored in forever and they miss chance after chance. They do everything but score goals, just like when Clough was here. Don't score goals that change games and they get done in last quarter of the match.

15 hours ago, Ramz64 said:

Watch this space. 

utter toss

It's a case of should have could have would have...the home games are massive and the pressure to get wins at the Pirelli huge.

Similar story over the last few games really, playing well, creating chances but can't buy a break in the 18 yard box.

Tuesday, outplayed Huddersfield who were sitting in 4th, got done in the 86th minute go home pointless.

Saturday, at least matched Newcastle, champions elect and for large parts of the game played the better football. Then Akins misses a chance from 6 yards out that would have earned a well deserved draw, go home pointless again

O Grady has been arguably player of the season but never looks like scoring.  Despite his lack of goals he is simply undroppable if fit. 90% of what Burton do going forward comes through him.

Ward, Dyer and Jackson Irvine are popping up with key goals but not enough of them.

I'd love to see him go back for another couple of his ex players in January and if their clubs are daft enough to let them go then those two signings would see the Brewers safe. With no real cash to spend, he'll be bargain basement shopping again. so a coutts in midfield and an in form and fit Steven Davies who's banging them in in league one and that'll do me.

Anyone who thinks (or wants) Clough will be sacked is living in cloud cuckoo lad. The squad cost 600 grand to assemble and isn't looking out of place, it's not like they're getting handed a lesson week in week out, they're matching and in a lot of cases outplaying top 6 sides.

It's a bit too close for comfort but having watched a lot of championship sides this season there is no way Burton are one of the worst 3 sides in the division. Write off the Villa game but then Preston and Wigan at home then Cardiff away all coming up in January and that's where they'' pick up 5 or 6 points to keep them out of the bottom 3.

32 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Anyone who thinks (or wants) Clough will be sacked is living in cloud cuckoo lad.

I wasn't his biggest fan at the end if his time here, and I do not like Burton or the the love they get from quite a few of I supporters (I am not knocking those fans as I understand it, it just galls on me but never try to say it out loud) but it is a ridiculous notion to even think that Clough will be sacked from Burton, it is the closest thing to a job for life most managers could dream of, good luck to him.

But I will end with a;

Burton. Clough.

giphy.gif

Archived