Christmas Bonus

Mostyn6

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, eddie said:

I got a Christmas bonus - redundancy.

I'm going to put my feet up for a month starting now and thoroughly re-charge the batteries before i look for something else.

You should be fine, always work for you technical guys. 

Hope you enjoy Christmas anyway.. 

Still waiting for my payrise from about 3 months ago, was told it would be backdated in January next year but shall see. Had better be, I will have a look around over Xmas :whistle:. We have profit share which seems to be calculated based on how matey you are with the board while they try and kid everyone there is a "formula", the chosen few drive in with new cars on pay out, for me it is equivalent to about 6 weeks wages. I am not expecting that this year though.

A tin of biscuits. 

Actually,  a box of biscuits that retails for 3.99.

No financial bonus ever no matter how much profit the company has made. 

We used to get a hamper made up of different products from around the group but since we got took over a few years ago - bloody biscuits. ..that's it.

14 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

You should be fine, always work for you technical guys. 

Hope you enjoy Christmas anyway.. 

Yeah, pretty much, and thanks. I've even been writing some Cobol programs the last few months - it's been about 20 years but you never forget.

1 hour ago, sage said:

I get a £150 payment to buy xmas presents for the foster lad. 

probably mean nothing to you coming from me, but you've gone up massively in my estimation being a foster parent, and no doubt raising a foster-Ram!

Oops pressed enter too soon. Got this in my head today.

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

probably mean nothing to you coming from me, but you've gone up massively in my estimation being a foster parent, and no doubt raising a foster-Ram!

Oops pressed enter too soon. Got this in my head today.

Why would it mean nothing to me?

and why would i go massively up in your estimation? surely there is little scope?

Yes he has been converted from the dark side and is a Ram

10 hours ago, Gritters said:

When I got one I looked at my payslip and thought George Osborne you cnut.

It is annoying, a few years back I got a bonus (not christmas) of over 14k. a total one off due to massive profits the business made, never had anything like it since....when you see how much is then taken off you its a sickener.

14 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Used to invest in shares, through share Isa's, one managed with Halifax, one self picked and traded with HL.

Closed them both down around a year ago, couldn't really see much room for further growth!

I blame Brexit.

My dad worked all his life in well paid work, followed all the rules, paid as much as he could into his pension, and finds himself now, at age of 73 reducing his hours to just 3 days a week to make ends meet following his pension company going belly up!

Surely pensions are covered with a regulatory body, if you pay into a UK based pension company and its covered by the FSCS you should receive a percentage atleast, you should send the pension advisory service an email to enquire about how you stand, that's truly shocking.

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

It is annoying, a few years back I got a bonus (not christmas) of over 14k. a total one off due to massive profits the business made, never had anything like it since....when you see how much is then taken off you its a sickener.

Sincerely wish I paid more tax.

I'd gladly pay £1m.

2 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Sincerely wish I paid more tax.

I'd gladly pay £1m.

It would be nice to be in a postion where you had to pay £1m i guess.

I guess for the normal average earner when you get a once in a lifetime bonus like that its just frustrating to lose nearly half in taxes.

But as you say a lot of people would jump at the chance of paying that sort of tax.

I get 2% of my annual salary.  It could be more but the powers at be always come up with a dubious excuse as to why it's not.  

I'd love to go out and blow it all on cheap booze & even cheaper women but I'll instead be spending it on remaining Christmas presents, and if I've got any left, a new stereo for me car.  Rock N Roll!!!!

Archived