Derby - Leeds - March friendly

dajstrawb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are lots of possible around this issue for clubs ,,, say for instance you buy the stream live season ticket , it could be written in that on a first come first served basis you could exchange your stream access for a single game to a seat at the ground live? Or visa versa ,, say your a season ticket holder at the ground but find through no fault of your own you suddenly can't get to a game your ticket for the ground could be switched ( electronic tickets ) to an access to the live stream ,, your no longer tied to taking your holidays around your season tickets,,, this really is the future and the tech is available NOW to do it ,,,the pro s of this idea have barely been explored and touched upon ,,,,, I say again crack on Mel you could not only go down in Derby history but the history of the game and how it's distributed ,,, ps I'm up for a well paid think tank job at the new baseball ground if it's on offer ,, this roofing malarkey is getting tougher the older I get and winters are not feeling any warmer despite the global warming brigades protestations 

Haven't read all the thread, but Mel's a businessman, and an extremely successful one at that. I can see this becoming a major topic in the next couple of years, and with Mel involved, it's likely to be to the benefit of all the lower league clubs.

It sometimes needs an entrepreneur to stir things up.

Just now, Phoenix said:

Haven't read all the thread, but Mel's a businessman, and an extremely successful one at that. I can see this becoming a major topic in the next couple of years, and with Mel involved, it's likely to be to the benefit of all the lower league clubs.

It sometimes needs an entrepreneur to stir things up.

Sometimes it just needs someone bloody minded enough to rock the boat.

Fortunately we have both. Credit to Mel.

Charles Sale- Daily Mail Today (16/12)

'Warring Derby County chairman Mel Morris only has to shout down the corridor at Pride Park to find out everything about the Football Leagues current Sky TV agreement- which he believes is such a bad deal. Derby's own chief operating officer John Vicars was one of the club reps on the FL's commercial committee which oversaw the negotiation of the deal and approved it. Mel has yet to mention this while calling the other 71 clubs to arms against the FL executive".

I'd say that Mel is acting from an informed position then. Fair Play to him.

On 12/15/2016 at 11:04, archied said:

There are lots of possible around this issue for clubs ,,, say for instance you buy the stream live season ticket , it could be written in that on a first come first served basis you could exchange your stream access for a single game to a seat at the ground live? Or visa versa ,, say your a season ticket holder at the ground but find through no fault of your own you suddenly can't get to a game your ticket for the ground could be switched ( electronic tickets ) to an access to the live stream ,, your no longer tied to taking your holidays around your season tickets,,, this really is the future and the tech is available NOW to do it ,,,the pro s of this idea have barely been explored and touched upon ,,,,, I say again crack on Mel you could not only go down in Derby history but the history of the game and how it's distributed ,,, ps I'm up for a well paid think tank job at the new baseball ground if it's on offer ,, this roofing malarkey is getting tougher the older I get and winters are not feeling any warmer despite the global warming brigades protestations 

@archied You sir are a genius. Mini Will Hughes Hair has really impacted my ability to get to games and we're a good few years away from him coming wth me and a decade and a half before he's buying my beers :(.  Would I buy a live streaming season ticket for say around £300 with the option to buy upto two matchday tickets at 50% off?  Sold already.

Plus I could cancel my Sky subscription and stick a proverbial two fingers up at the invidious Rupert. Win win win.  If this happens an OBE for @archied and a knighthood for the not Australian Mel.

1 hour ago, Rammeister said:

'Warring Derby County chairman Mel Morris only has to shout down the corridor at Pride Park to find out everything about the Football Leagues current Sky TV agreement- which he believes is such a bad deal. Derby's own chief operating officer John Vicars was one of the club reps on the FL's commercial committee which oversaw the negotiation of the deal and approved it. Mel has yet to mention this while calling the other 71 clubs to arms against the FL executive".

Definitely, forewarned is forearmed.

I would say it's brilliant in principle but they'd have to clamp down on someone streaming it illegally. 

Another problem in terms of revenue is to get into the match every person needs a ticket. You and your mates could club together for a stream season ticket and that could be what 5-10 fans watching the game for the price of one? 

9 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I would say it's brilliant in principle but they'd have to clamp down on someone streaming it illegally. 

Another problem in terms of revenue is to get into the match every person needs a ticket. You and your mates could club together for a stream season ticket and that could be what 5-10 fans watching the game for the price of one? 

There's probably no way round that but that's the same with sky live games and if it's five mates who wouldn't normally go or subscribe it's still a win revenue wise and then when you want to go to live games it encourages all five to go together ?  Put that together with safe standing and areas of ground for unallocated single seats then we moving forwards ,, for me we need to be looking towards making the game more affordable in the way the advent of all seater and sky have helped take it away from the working man and his kids ,, more payers at less charge = better revenue and a step towards making it more accessible to all as it was before and is really meant to be ,, it's our religion

1 minute ago, archied said:

There's probably no way round that but that's the same with sky live games and if it's five mates who wouldn't normally go or subscribe it's still a win revenue wise and then when you want to go to live games it encourages all five to go together ?  Put that together with safe standing and areas of ground for unallocated single seats then we moving forwards 

Fair points

16 hours ago, Rammeister said:

Mel knowing someone who knows about the deal's inners isn't the same thing as all participants being told them.

There have been plenty of times where me/my employer "knows things" from a client or regulator but we can't do anything or even acknowledge knowing until we have been "told" through an official mechanism. This is especially important in commercial confidence/contract issues.

So if the Mail's insinuation is that Mel doesn't need the EFL to tell him, it's not understanding the issue (probably on purpose)

It's a shame we can't focus on what probably is the best week Derby County have had in last couple of years, instead we get this talk of a "friendly"...... 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Virgin have their TV anywhere app but you have to register a device (laptop, iPad, pc etc) . There is a limit to how many you can register - therfore use at any one time - and can only make one device change per month.

I would think something similar would work quite well.

5 hours ago, Mafiabob said:

It's a shame we can't focus on what probably is the best week Derby County have had in last couple of years, instead we get this talk of a "friendly"...... 

Can we not multi task ?

13 minutes ago, archied said:

Can we not multi task ?

Yep, you'd thought we'd be tubthumping more though about recent on field activity...... you'd of not heard of us this malarkey 2/3 months ago.....

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Get lost i like my seat and i dont anyone in as i paud for it over the season this friendly is a needless friendly during the season.

Who you telling to get lost?

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Not you personal just fact saying telling people go were you like when paid hundreads of pounds for your seat.

I'm not saying all areas are unallocated seating ( I loved having my own seat year on year ) just certain area to allow friends and family to decide to go to a game off the cuff unexpectedly and sit together in the way we used to be able to do when we had standing areas in the ground alongside seated area season ticket holders ,, can't count the number of times I was nt going to a game but met a few mates and had a beer then we all said sod it shall we go to the game ,, that's not an easy option now and I'm sure reduces crowds 

Archived