Fulham vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

First time sender but long time lurker on this forum so take it easy on me. Been following Derby since 75 (the old man was born in Derby and sent to Aus as a child during the war) and this will be my first live Derby match since i live os in Brisbane. Ended up getting tickets in the away section so hopefully I'm in the middle of some real lunatics. Just after some info for pre-game, do away fans meet at a pub nearby? How long before kickoff should we arrive at the stadium?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stagtime said:

First time sender but long time lurker on this forum so take it easy on me. Been following Derby since 75 (the old man was born in Derby and sent to Aus as a child during the war) and this will be my first live Derby match since i live os in Brisbane. Ended up getting tickets in the away section so hopefully I'm in the middle of some real lunatics. Just after some info for pre-game, do away fans meet at a pub nearby? How long before kickoff should we arrive at the stadium?

Best place to meet is Covent Garden, The White Lion pub. Always buzzing around there on london away days mate!

Enjoy your first game!

2 hours ago, Stagtime said:

Hi 

Welcome to the forum and if you want to be very near the ground then I'd say Eight Bells which is short walk from Putney Bridge station 5 minutes walk. (I was in there last time by the way) or if you want to be elsewhere rather than near the ground then Covent Garden is the place to be. For your last question  As long you get the ground in time for the kick off so say maybe 15-30 minutes before then. Hopefully you'll enjoy it mate. I'm going so I'll be in Eight Bells anyway. 

DEL 

???

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hi 

Welcome to the forum and if you want to be very near the ground then I'd say Eight Bells which is short walk from Putney Bridge station 5 minutes walk. (I was in there last time by the way) or if you want to be elsewhere rather than near the ground then Covent Garden is the place to be. For your last question  As long you get the ground in time for the kick off so say maybe 15-30 minutes before then. Hopefully you'll enjoy it mate. I'm going so I'll be in Eight Bells anyway. 

DEL 

???

Given the context of the match, let's hope The Eight Bells is a great omen. When Newcastle won eight in a row earlier in the season I thought it incredible and not the sort of feat any other team in the division could be capable of matching, but we're within touching distance. Is there a pub in Derby with a nine in the name?

9 hours ago, Stagtime said:

G'day There's a pub called The Crabtree which has a few fans in it. A bit of a mix home and away and much more civilised. 

20 hours ago, SKRam said:

Am sure Martin will be there. No doubt there'll be a camera trained on him for his reaction when we score :lol:

Are we all ready for a quick chorus of

'Come home, Chrissy Martin 

Score some goals for Derby'

or has everybody moved on?

Would like to give him a round of applause for his time at Derby at least but much more difficult to do this when he's not playing. He can hardly come over to us without upsetting the Fulham fans. 

46 minutes ago, Gritters said:

G'day There's a pub called The Crabtree which has a few fans in it. A bit of a mix home and away and much more civilised. 

Nice 10 minute walk along the river too, past the million pound terraced houses!

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Would like to give him a round of applause for his time at Derby at least but much more difficult to do this when he's not playing. He can hardly come over to us without upsetting the Fulham fans. 

I'm sure he still splits the fans in terms of wishing he'd return Angie. Obviously our current run makes it easier for those undecided to think 'pastures new big fella'. I always rated him and still do but once he went on loan always thought 'good luck, so long and thank you Chris!' 

Right I've a few quid on this one tonight, 4-1 Sheffield Utd!! 

30 minutes ago, SKRam said:

I'm sure he still splits the fans in terms of wishing he'd return Angie. Obviously our current run makes it easier for those undecided to think 'pastures new big fella'. I always rated him and still do but once he went on loan always thought 'good luck, so long and thank you Chris!' 

Right I've a few quid on this one tonight, 4-1 Sheffield Utd!! 

Yes, even I'm undecided recently.  It's amazing what a turnaround in form does. I do still think we need someone of his stature though, if not himself. 

Sheffield United got a bit to do to reach your prediction - good luck!

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Yeah and if you're like me and park far enough away to avoid parking fees you can walk along the river path although last year it was very windy.

Don't have to worry about parking, staying in Bayswater till Christmas. Crabtree might be the go since little Sis is with me.

17 hours ago, angieram said:

I'd love a burst of James' "Come Home" on the terraces, partly because it would be so cool:

Curiously, the lead singer is best mates with Gordon Strachen!

On 12/15/2016 at 12:39, Carl Sagan said:

Given the context of the match, let's hope The Eight Bells is a great omen. When Newcastle won eight in a row earlier in the season I thought it incredible and not the sort of feat any other team in the division could be capable of matching, but we're within touching distance. Is there a pub in Derby with a nine in the name?

No pub in Derby with nine in the name as far as I know .

BUT Ive been in a pub in London called 10 bells ! near Brick Lane Whitechapel way

Archived