Cognac

Philmycock

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remy is an all time classic brand of real quality. You won't go wrong with that. I had a godfather who was really in to Brandy and he always chose whichever was the top one from Hine but that's a long time ago. The other thing you could try is Armagnac which is the same thing .. I.e. Still Brandy but not from Cognac which is a region next to Bordeaux .. Armagnac is I think further south and just not as famous. Both are made from white wine grapes. Truthfully though you get what you pay for. 

If you are buying a good one then balloon glass is the trad old fashioned way .. Smell the vapour 

if your mixing it with Ginger  or coke or any other concoction, Then pop down to Supermarket to buy an own brand bargain 

19 hours ago, philmycock said:

Hennessy the best? What's the best way to mix it, or should it be taken straight in a proper glass? Any experts on here? Gonna treat us to a fine brandy this Xmas but I'm a spirit novice

Not a cognac but a cheap and wonderful sipping brandy is metaxa 7 star. As Eddie says warm in the hand in a crystal brandy balloon.

As Cognac is my Christmas tipple

I had a Remy Martin XO last year and boy it was good but....

I did prefer the Hennessy XO from a few years back (and only paid £85 for a bottle)

I'm no connoisseur but you like what you like

I was bought a bottle of Frapin VS cognac once and it was the best VS iv ever tasted so this year i'm going to try this 

https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/p/14238/frapin-vsop-grande-champagne-cognac

And not too expensive!

Archived